CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

dune security...... How do you do it ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dune security...... How do you do it ???

I really hate thieves, and would love to shoot one dead if I cought them trying to steal from me. But short of that ...

Our flat bed trailer has a railing around the flat bed that is about 14" high, and the top of that rail is about 3 feet off the ground. Also, the rear ramp folds and lifts up vertically, where it is fastened with pins while in transit. I try to back the trailer up to a fence or tree so that the rear ramp cannot be lowered to get the quads off the trailer by using the ramp. Then if someone wants to steal our quads they have to both cut the big cables that they are locked to the trailer with, and lift the quads up and over the side railing on the trailer. It would not be easy to steal them, but it could still be done, so I have plans to upgrade to an enclosed box trailer sometime in the next year.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Prozack
Yep shes a loud one no doubt, sometimes if Im riding hard when Im done , my damn ears are ringing!! But I aint complainin....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey Jmac... post a pic of that bb-gun up so I can see ..... Please. from one gun nut to another...
I posted a picture of it on my page. Just have to wait for approval.

Old 03-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks .... We call that an attention getter!

Old 03-22-2005, 06:15 PM
Trailblazer

Yep shes a loud one no doubt, sometimes if Im riding hard when Im done , my damn ears are ringing!! But I aint complainin....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Hey Jmac... post a pic of that bb-gun up so I can see ..... Please. from one gun nut to another...
Hey Prozack,
A little off subject but I teach safety classes for a living. You may want to consider ear plugs because one of these days your ears won't stop ringing. It's called tinnitus and it's a bitch.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

My 105# doberman, "Bud"weiser, works for me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Pro Rider

I have 2 100lb + dogs that just lose it when anyone comes within 25 yards of camp/toyhauler. I keep them on leashes, one tied to each end of the hauler, on 15 ft leashes. That, plus a glock .40!!!!

Old 03-22-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: JMAC650

I posted a picture of it on my page. Just have to wait for approval.
Go ahead punk..................................LOL

Old 03-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yea, my dog is nuts too when he hears a quad coming, harleys are worse. He's chased some, but I think he would actually lick the guy to death so I wouldn't have to shoot him. I'm surprised of all the theft stories. I wouldn't come close to any of you with all the hardware you're packing. If you see a white flag waving, it's just me looking for a cold one.

Old 03-22-2005, 09:49 PM
Pro Rider

Two pits. Heavy kriptonite cable and my Glock......so far so good

Old 03-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Range Rover

i had my 00 ds stolen in early 01 it was in my locked shed chained with an "uncuttable" chain to a 6x6 that is part of the shed.
the sob's taped the window(so when it shattered it would make minimal sound) unlocked teh door. cut the master lock off the door and the chain and pushed my quad down the street to a waiting vehicle. it still has yet to be recovered.
the saddest part is i live 100 feet from a state troppers barrack and my neighbor is the local judge.... trust me there is nothing that can stop a thief.
i now have motion activated lights and video cammera's watching every square inch of my property.

Quick Reply: dune security...... How do you do it ???