CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Raptor owner afraid of DS650 piloted by 59-year-old man!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2000, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In response some people just dont like to race.....Hey I would have tried it out but there are some out there that just like too ride too. Either way we should respect their decision and not make fun of them for it. Maybe he didn't feel he was experienced enough to do so? I mean sheesh im not afraid of losing I raced my Wolverine against our neighbor whom had a Banshee.....Needless to say I got a REAL good view of that tail light until it got so far ahead I couldnt even see it anymore! =-) Have fun everyone!

-Follow me if you want to come in second-

Old 09-27-2000, 03:03 PM
Pro Rider

Like I said, he had been racing all weekend. He had heard about the Banshee rider getting beat and just said that he didn't want to get beat by an old man.

But, you are correct. Since I have raced a couple of Banshees and beaten them fairly easily, I typically will turn down any inquiries for racing. What's the point? I know I can beat a new Banshee, that is riding on paddles, with an experienced rider that is 100lbs. less then myself, while I am riding a totally stock DS650, with the stock tires and starting in first gear. Now that I have paddles and know to start in second gear, what's the point?

I just started this thread as a matter of fact and to shut up some of the Raptor/Banshee owners that continue to post/wine about the DS650, instead of shutting up and going back to the Yamaha forum. I don't mind informitive posts by owners of other brands, I am just sick of all the "My Banshee/Raptor is better than the DS650" they always spout.

So far, I haven't heard any valid reasons why either one of those machines are any better except for Reverse on the Raptor and less weight of the machine so you can get more air. The Raptors and Banshees are narrower, so they will go through some trails easier, but if all you are doing is trail riding, then get a dirt bike, because a 250 cc two stroke or one of the big four strokes will absolutely kill any ATV in the woods trails. If you are going through mud, then you wouldn't want a high revving two wheel drive quad anyway. I doubt there are many trails that let you use the speed of a Raptor that wouldn't allow the passage of the much more stable DS650. Plus, if you hit a few saplings, the DS650 will just mow 'em down and not fold up like the Raptor ;-)

Old 09-27-2000, 04:37 PM
Trailblazer

Banshees and Raptors will still be around when the DS650 is a distant memory. YAMAHA RULES! Accept it.

Old 09-27-2000, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure you could be right. The exact same design that they have been using for 14 years....on and on, through time, never changing.....

Just because the Trebant will be around forever, that doesn't make it a great car! Bombardier has been making motorized vehicles for a long time. Don't count them out yet.

People used to call Polaris low quality and a flash in the pan, soon to be history. Well, now they are taking them so seriously that the Jap's have copied the PVT cluch system into some of their ATV's or used some other automatic transmission method. Granted, I wouldn't buy a Polaris either, because I still think they don't have the best production methods, same reason why I wouldn't buy a Yamaha.

Old 09-27-2000, 05:22 PM
Trailblazer

YAMAHA RULES! Accept it!

Old 09-27-2000, 07:29 PM
Pro Rider

BansheeWillie, what an informative post you present-Yamaha rules. Thanks

Old 09-27-2000, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

You're welcome!

Old 09-28-2000, 12:37 AM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont know what yamaha exactly rules. There is plenty of competition for anything yamaha makes. I just blew rocks all over a new raptor on my 14 year old quadracer 500. Its people like you that give yamaha owners a bad name. Yamaha does make a good machine. Lets leave it at that.

Old 09-28-2000, 10:31 AM
Pro Rider

You sound like a broken record, stuck on a single track.

Of course, I guess it is easier on the grey matter to have a one track mind. :-)

Old 09-28-2000, 12:07 PM
Trailblazer

One of the few things of which I would consider you an authority! YAMAHA RULES! Accept it!

Quick Reply: Raptor owner afraid of DS650 piloted by 59-year-old man!