CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Pismo questions????

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 05:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pismo questions????

Dang. . . rough croud. He's just trying to help you on your article. Proper response is "Thank's for the correction" not "Whatever!". You made a mistake. . . own up to it. Don't tell the other guy he is a jerk for pointing it out. Unbelieveable!
I didnt take it that way, notice his emoticon.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

It's all good then. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-04-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks, that article is for a toy hauler magazine, so I will not be including the day use info. It will also include some campground info for the tow the harley in the toyhauler crowd.

Since you two are just up the valley from me, you guys are welcomed to join us on the beach for a ride!

Old 04-04-2005, 05:41 PM
Pro Rider

Is this the bomb forum or english class?? More info on the sand and less word critiquing. I know that is now how ya spell critiquing so I don't want to hear about it. lol Thanks for the info. Wanting a good family spot, small dunes for the kids, waves for the jetskiis and outlet mall for the wife.

Is the sand bad or just the hills?

Old 04-04-2005, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider

The sand can get rutted up pretty bad if the wind does not blow and smooth things out. there are small dunes adjacent to the camping area to the east, that lead to the "bigger" dunes. if the sand is rutty, just go farther baqck into the dunes, and you will find some decent sand.

As for the jet ski's, I saw a person trying to launch his off of a trailer at low tide, and sank up to the doors in mud backing them into the ocean. You will be fine if you have the wagon loaders with the wide knobby tires.

All in all, it is a good time, that's why it is so popular.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:19 AM
Pro Rider

I don't mess around when it comes to great restaurants! and A spurs is one of the best in my book.

The sand can get torn up, its so small that the sand is bound to get rutted up when you compare the # of riders to the space allotted. On the windy days that sand is nice but camping in the wind sucks!

Big dunes at Pismo? I would love to find one!

Old 04-05-2005, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: Sandaholic

Most people don't realize it but there are actually some pretty big dunes along pismo beach. To the south there is a large dune called devils slide, however this area has been fenced off for years. If you search the web you can find some old school pics of the area. I remember going there with my folks when I was a kid. From what I hear the vegitation has completley covered most of the area that has been blocked off to the south and I doubt the greenies would ever allow it to be opened up again.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

I don't mess around when it comes to great restaurants! and A spurs is one of the best in my book.

The sand can get torn up, its so small that the sand is bound to get rutted up when you compare the # of riders to the space allotted. On the windy days that sand is nice but camping in the wind sucks!

"R" J spurs the best???? man, you DO need to get out more often!!! In the article, I mentioned Firestones in SLO. That is ONE place everybody needs to go.!

Old 04-05-2005, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: learnem

"R" J spurs the best???? man, you DO need to get out more often!!! In the article, I mentioned Firestones in SLO. That is ONE place everybody needs to go.!
Mmmm Firestone. I recommend the tri-tip sandwich. I'll take two. Mo's down the street also has some killer ribs.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Engineer, but "MOES BLOWS"............

I think that Firestones is hard to beat. Yes, their tri tip sand is good, but their pulled pork sand, called the pig, is to die for! Also, when you order their platter of beef ribs, you better have a couple of extra stomachs with you. I am a big eater, and I couldn't put half of that plate down.

their baby back ribs are, by far, the best on the central coast (firestone's)

My father-in-laws friend owns that place. Hopefully, he will put one in b akersfield. they already have one near Fresno State in Fresno!

Quick Reply: Pismo questions????