CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dunefest 2005

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2005, 03:48 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dunefest 2005

Dunefest Website

Here is the latest news, New rules and new events.

Searches are gone! Still have to follow the rules for no alcohol on the sand (All of oregon dunes). We'll be there and ready to participate!. Look forward to seeing some of the DS riders there

Old 04-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2005, 10:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

i hope that drag frame quadzilla breaks this year

Old 04-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.
Default Dunefest 2005

We are going to be there. My brother's Z400 is now a 450 something and my DS got gassed. Lots of fun. Tenative to camp in the new RV parking area. I think we are like #5 on the list.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

BS! Again, the rules are a load of horse poop.

Alcohol WILL NOT be allowed in Sand Camp Sites C, D and E or any parking lots including Vendor and Stage Area. Alcohol WILL be permitted in Motorcoach/RV Camp Sites A, B and Salmon Harbor.

DSSleuth, That is NO different than last year. You better believe there will be searches again! I see absolutely NO change in the rules from last year. DSSleuth, I have to say this man, but you need to study up on the rules a bit better than that before you go claiming that there are changes in the rules from last year. Again, every resident in Winchester Bay does NOT want this event - The forest service and the Dune Fest organization is catering to the WRONG folks. The event needs to change to another location. Until that happens, I will NOT buy any product from any organization that is sponsoring that event, or spend one freaking dime on any business in Winchester Bay. The only way to change it, is to Boycott this event.

I'm sending my order off for "Boycott Dune Fest" shirts today.

Old 04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
RXM
Trailblazer
Default Dunefest 2005

Myself and some others will be there. I hope to race the GP race on Friday!

Old 04-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Range Rover
Default Dunefest 2005

Oregon Dune Patrol,

The rules haven't changed to benefit the people who want to be able to drink on the dunes! All of the oregon dunes do not allow alcohol. The rules have changed and there was no listing of searches in the rules. If you want to drink, stay home, boycott the event and have fun drinking your boycott sorrows away.

I am going to have fun with friends like Cardiac, boomer84, Parker, Sandman and family, afterburner, Hopefully cracker jack, and other friends that are going to be there and also enjoy the racing. The event is to try to promote an event in our state.

I know the Winchester Bay and Reedsports chamber of commerce, Afterburner, along with Alba and other sponsors have worked very hard to make this event happen.

Don't attend if you don't want to. Your choice! People with comments like yours are not going to ruin my fun and the enjoyment of sanctioned racing.

I personnally like the rules about not having alcohol on the sand. I personally have seen the litter cut down and less reckless riding on the dunes which makes it a safer place to be.

Hope you change your mind and see ya there

Old 04-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

Originally posted by: DSSleuth
Oregon Dune Patrol,

The rules haven't changed to benefit the people who want to be able to drink on the dunes! All of the oregon dunes do not allow alcohol. The rules have changed and there was no listing of searches in the rules. If you want to drink, stay home, boycott the event and have fun drinking your boycott sorrows away.

I am going to have fun with friends like Cardiac, boomer84, Parker, Sandman and family, afterburner, Hopefully cracker jack, and other friends that are going to be there and also enjoy the racing. The event is to try to promote an event in our state.

I know the Winchester Bay and Reedsports chamber of commerce, Afterburner, along with Alba and other sponsors have worked very hard to make this event happen.

Don't attend if you don't want to. Your choice! People with comments like yours are not going to ruin my fun and the enjoyment of sanctioned racing.

I personnally like the rules about not having alcohol on the sand. I personally have seen the litter cut down and less reckless riding on the dunes which makes it a safer place to be.

Hope you change your mind and see ya there
Now there's an intelligent response. Drink my sorrows away huh? I'm glad that you admit that the rules actually havent changed. I have no problem having a beer after a long ride - in the parking lot. Quite frankly, its comments like yours that put all of us people that drink responsibly, in the parking lot, in the wrong light. So that you understand CLEARLY what I am saying - According to the Oregon dunes regulations, you can drink in the parking lots - just not at this event. I dont drink and ride, and I support no alcohol on the dunes ON THE SAND, but this event is taking the right away from us that drink responsibly at our campsite or in the paved parking lots -

Get your facts correct before you go and post crap like that.

Old 04-13-2005, 01:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

well having been there when drinking was ok and when it wasn't, i think i'll go with the no drinking. but that is based on my family and mainly the kids. as far as those being punished for drinking most are very responsible. but ever notice how the ones that aren't really screw things up bad. as we all know there is still plenty of drinking that goes on there even on the dunes. but at least people are extra careful about it.

Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 AM
Pro Rider
Default Dunefest 2005

Sandman,

I understand your family situation. Certainly, there are people that want no alcohol. But it seems to me that it should be ok to have a beer in your campsite or one of the lots in the event. Again, the problem is that they dont want to enforce the existing rules for the Oregon Dunes. All they have to do is get just as serious about having no alcohol on the sand as they are in keeping alchohol out of the event. Another problem is that most people actually do drink responsibly. So, now they are penalizing all those that do drink responsibly, or turning them all into rule breakers. All that will be left are a few non-drinkers or a bunch of rule breakers. The only reason it will be safer is that there simply wont be the numbers of people there as there used to be. That's probably the ultamate goal of the people that live there. It's just too bad that we cant seem to learn from our own American history lessons - the prohibition never worked, and I can't see how this will either. If a mother or father sneeks a beer into the event, and drinks responsibly, what kind of lesson is that sending to thier kids?

Quick Reply: Dunefest 2005