CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

MRHP..how did your bike beat the...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:29 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MRHP..how did your bike beat the...

viper i meant a stock motor built from scratch that you can plop into the ds650 frame not the big bores that hpr already has a brand new engine that you can run with gas and the motor will be built specially for the ds650 I would think it would be a pretty cool thing and then if you wanted to you could get big bores for that and such...I didn't specify what I meant by the whole new engine

Old 08-17-2006, 07:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: bombrider04
viper i meant a stock motor built from scratch that you can plop into the ds650 frame not the big bores that hpr already has a brand new engine that you can run with gas and the motor will be built specially for the ds650 I would think it would be a pretty cool thing and then if you wanted to you could get big bores for that and such...I didn't specify what I meant by the whole new engine
That would be cool. Albeit expensive, it would be neat to see. One out of full polished billet would be sweet.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Viper, Whats the difference in a stock bore on nitrous running 4.0's and an 855 on nitrous running 4.0's? Oh wait a minute, I'll tell ya....about $10,000, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 10:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Will sum 3.7s and 3.8s make ya feel better about me spending a extra 10,000 dollars [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Speed cost a LOT of money!!! How fast do ya want to go is the question

Old 08-17-2006, 10:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Viper, Whats the difference in a stock bore on nitrous running 4.0's and an 855 on nitrous running 4.0's? Oh wait a minute, I'll tell ya....about $10,000, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Is that the differenc between your build and the 855? Are you running a stock head? Dang that is alot of coin, but it does cost to go fast. Heck thats probably why I still run a stock bore, i'm a cheap bastage!

You know, I had a guy once tell me in auto racing, the difference between running a 10.5 second 1/4 mile, and a sub ten 1/4 mile, was about the price if his first born! Now when I was told that it didnt mean much, I was only 18. Now that I know, dang!

Hey Choose, to have a completely suspended chassis, one that can take the whoops and all, but gets my bike sub 300lbs, what would that cost?

Old 08-17-2006, 10:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Originally posted by: choosetolose04
Is that the differenc between your build and the 855? Are you running a stock head? Dang that is alot of coin, but it does cost to go fast. Heck thats probably why I still run a stock bore, i'm a cheap bastage!

You know, I had a guy once tell me in auto racing, the difference between running a 10.5 second 1/4 mile, and a sub ten 1/4 mile, was about the price if his first born! Now when I was told that it didnt mean much, I was only 18. Now that I know, dang!

Hey Choose, to have a completely suspended chassis, one that can take the whoops and all, but gets my bike sub 300lbs, what would that cost?

Complete suspended chassis to take the whoops will cost you about $2600.

Glenn, Speed certainly cost money. You post the 3.7's and then I might consider spending the extra $10,000 for 3 extra tenths. You can be sure, I will be posting the 4.0's....sooner or later. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The reason to own an 855 or an 800 is if you want to run the same motor on the hill at Glamis and Sandmountain or Dumont that you run in the rigid at the local sand drags. When a bike gets below 300lbs like Capewindy's, the extra cost involved in the motor build isn't worth it because it may or may not be faster in a 300' race. Setup will make more difference. I don't think a purpose built race 650 will have any trouble breaking into the 4.0's based on what I saw with a 730 on a slow track pulling a 4.16. 4.0's are only 7 hundreths away. I think the 730 would lay down just as good of times at Planet Sand as Eric's 855 did to. Of course the 855 will do better than that with some setup changes but it is almost too much motor for such a short race.........There is one part that will put the 650 into the 4.0's without breaking a sweat...........guess what it is[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Now on Olds Hill or Sand Mountain, the big bore strokers will kill the stock bore assuming they are running a similar shot.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro Rider

Heck, that aint to bad. What would that consist of?

Old 08-17-2006, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

3.96 first time out for the hpr 855, dont you think there was a lot left on the table??? Capes little 730 tuned will do better than a 3.96 sooner or later. Hang tight cuz we have only just begun!!!

Old 08-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
3.96 first time out for the hpr 855, dont you think there was a lot left on the table??? Capes little 730 tuned will do better than a 3.96 sooner or later. Hang tight cuz we have only just begun!!!

I certainly think there is more on the table my friend. Im not saying you will not run in the 3.7's. Im saying I want to see you run them and then I might consider laying the extra $$$$$ down on the big boy. But until then, Im gonna shoot to reach the 4.0's with a $2000 650cc stock bore/stroke build on the juice. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Wish me luck, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Glenn, you know Im razzing ya my friend. Its all in good fun. Remember, BOMBARDIER FIRST!

Quick Reply: MRHP..how did your bike beat the...