CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Prices on E-Bay are getting out of hand!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 07:47 PM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices on E-Bay are getting out of hand!!!!

Don't forget the scam factor that is constantly increasing.
Now you can see the same quad listed 3 times by the same foriegn shmuck, with some garbled up listing about how it's really cheap but you can not come see it or pick it up.
Or you can get a message from somebody claiming that the buyer backed out and here's your chance.
Or the "authentic" message from eBay stating your account needs verification, send all your personal info.
Even the guys jacking up shipping and other fees are scammers in my book.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

Its funny you guys keep mentioning the shipping charges as its one of the things that really tick me off about ebay.

Since I have purchased and sold thru them I have had a learning curve from two perspectives, and after being ripped off by someone trying to up their prices thru overcharging on freight and refusing to make a proper adjustment, I get the pleasure of having a buyer of multiple items who I gave a 50% discount on listed shipping fees (I use the online freight calculator, and it cheated me every time lol) leave me negative feedback on them all.

Its absolute BS how things work there when a problem arises, and ebay is pretty much not wanting to deal with anything, and your lucky if you can even get a reply from them.

I have had some things I needed that I looked at ebay for, but decided to go thru other local sources and buy new, and I am now waiting for a local swap meet that I can bring all the stuff I would have normally listed there. If something doesnt come up soon I may have to list some things because space is getting scarce around here from things piling up, but I really hate to go thru that crap again.

Old 05-03-2005, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

^^ HA! dont even get me STARTED about ebay's customer service (or should I say..lack of..)

Sometimes you get lucky and get a real response (not that automated BS that everyone alreadys knows the contents of) but the problem is, you never get the same person, so you can email back with questions and someone else might respond to it, telling you basically the same thing.