CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Monkeybutt Dirt Drags yesterday ( Gixxer???)

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monkeybutt Dirt Drags yesterday ( Gixxer???)

Yesterday, the Monkeybutt ATV club held their annual spring dirt drag event. I realize that most of you are not in the midwest, but this is claimed to be the largest event in the midwest with an average sign up of around 300 entries. It was COLD. Even had snow at one point. LOL

As some know, I had finished the gixxer 750 project. I got to test it on Saturday before the race. I need about 10 more teeth on the rear sprocket to make it work properly. Dont get me wrong, being able to cross the finish line at 70 in 2nd gear aint a bad start. LOL The track is all dirt, and in the middle of a hay field. As for tracks here in Wisconsin, its about as good as it gets for dirt.

Let me start by saying the street bike motor swaps sure are getting popular. I got a chance to smoke a couple of Yamaha R1's. I took 1st in both the open 2&4 stroke class, and the open 4 stroke nitrous class. I was curious how the chassis was going to hook up, since it has been cut into 3 sections, beat on, stretched, torched, welded, poked and prodded. I ran a plus 8 swingarm with 22" holeshots. Without boosting my ego, this thing tracked as straight as an arrow down the track. We made about 12 passes total for the 2 classes we could enter. It ran 69 mph at around 4.5 seconds every pass. Ive seen alot of video and pics of the event, and the tires were roosting the entire length of the track. We need to get the gearing fixed, shorten it up by 4 inches and get the wheely bar built for the next event. If my calculations on chassis set up are right, we should be able to hit 4.1's. Not bad for a stock 750 inline 4 that I paid 800 bucks for. Lots of people had trouble with jetting since it was cold. The fuel injection started with ease and self adjusted.

Anyway, a few minor adjustments and away we go. The best part is, you cant even hear this thing go down the track next to most other bikes. The intake sounds like a quiet jet taking off.

Happy camper,

Gary

Old 05-02-2005, 01:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Pro Rider

good job gary!! when it started snowing here in the am i thought for sure it would be canceled but glad to hear you got to run. it is nice to have efi self adjust for temps (never got above 42deg here all day) when everyone else is struggling with a bag of assorted jets. good job on kicking azz talk to ya soon.