CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

got a ds

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got a ds

Hi I bought a 2004 ds baja x on april 10 and just registered after visiting here on and off for a couple weeks now. It is a blast to ride coming from a sportsman 500ho. The only trouble I have had, has been hitting rocks. Last week I was riding across a field wide open in 5th and went over a rock that popped my right rear tire and bent the crap out of the wheel. I was able plug the tire to hold air long enough that I can ride but it goes soft everyday. I am going to get a new wheel and rear tires but would like to see some suggestions in what to get for tires. I would prefer to stay with factory size just heavier duty. Thanks.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
I ride a little here and there......
Default got a ds

well i bent my back rims with the stupid stupid stock tires i then went to 22 inch bearclaws on the rear and 23 inch badlands up front if u want to stay a stock size prob go with razr, razr2 or holeshots...i think the razr 2 looks awsome and have been hearing good things about them they are 6ply i think so they would be plenty strong enough.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default got a ds

I run 20 inch holeshot xct in the desert. They are 6 ply and holding up great.

Old 05-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default got a ds

I want to stay with 20's cause I don't want to buy larger front tires too, or have to regear. Hopefully running more psi will keep me from ruining any more wheels. I was at 5 psi before and am going with 10 psi now. I was looking at Titan Bandits because I liked the looks of them even though the are only 4-ply. I am open to all input though cause I have never seen any of these tires in person nor have I a clue on there durability or performance.

Old 05-04-2005, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default got a ds

Well I switched my tires after the first ride to some Razr II's, 23" up front and 22" in the year. Definitely need to drop a tooth in the front though. The yellow writing on the sidewall look awesome, here's a pic:

http://www.personal.kent.edu/~jmanley/pictures/ds4.jpg

-Josh

Old 05-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider
Default got a ds

I run Razrs, 6 ply all the way around. I love the traction and the way they hook up. I'm also glad I stepped up for the 6 plys... they weren't that costly, and today when I hit a bold on the truck with the sidewall of the tire (loading it into the bed) didn't puncture whereas my old tires would have been dead. Go for it.