CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Manistee Mich ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manistee Mich ????

Any one heard about Manistee County might be opening the shoulders of the roads for ATV'S ??

Old 05-05-2005, 08:13 PM
Trailblazer

It was a nice thought, but to hard to police and erosion problems were the major complaints from what I read in the paper up there.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The four trail systems in Manistee are:

1. Little "O"
2. Little Manistee
3. Lincoln Hills
4. Tin Cup

In all, these four systems are over 100 miles of riding. I would like to know if the Little "O", Linclon Hills and Little Manistee trail systems are worth a carp? In another thread, I was told the Tin Cup Springs are WHOOPED like a bear. A group of 8 guys is coming over from the Saginaw, MI area for two hard days of riding. If the trails are junk, we're going back to the U.P. for our late spring trip.

If anyone can comment, it would be appreciated.

Old 05-06-2005, 10:31 AM
Range Rover

At this time, there are no trails in Manistee County. The trails, that are being refered to are in Lake County. The I.A.T.A, last year, started to groom these trails. They are a lot smoother now.
There is a group in Manistee County forming a ATV club, They are working on the County to give the ATV'S the same rights on County Roads that Snowmobile's have. The plan is to get the back roads, and 2 tracks, that are County roads, open to Sportsman, and to promote family riding.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:14 PM
Trailblazer

That would be great if that happens. Is it possible to give me some info on this ATV club That is forming?
I would be willing to go to township meetings and stuff to help get this passed.

Old 05-06-2005, 12:42 PM
Range Rover

44mag.. If you are in Manistee County, or close by, the guy that is heading up the atv program, owns the AUTO-VALUE store in Wellston. Check with him for information. His name is Dick

Old 05-06-2005, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer

Ok thanks, I will look him up next time I'm in the area.

Old 05-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Oz, Myself and my buddy also from Saginaw will be riding up in the Rose City, Bull Gap, and maybe even St. Helens area next week.

Old 05-08-2005, 08:30 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My seven riding buddies would be pi$$ed if the Little "O", Lincoln Hills and Little Manistee are whooped out. I'm not familiar with the trail systems in the Baldwin, MI area. This is our first trip to that area, so we're looking for answers on the trail conditions.

We're high on the Newberry, MI (duh U.P.) and the Atlanta, MI systems. Very, very nice riding.

Ogemaw County (Rose City area) has an ordinance for shoulder of the road riding. It's good for the next three years. They want to bring ATV'ers into their area for use of their motels, restaurants and gas stations. It's simply economic (and smart by business owners). As long as everyone follows the law and treats the road shoulders good, maybe, just maybe this will open up in most northern counties.
Ogemaw Ordinance (LINK)

I haven't seen many DS's on the MI trail systems. I have had very little problem throwing my machine around.

BigBad: A couple of friends heading out yesterday (Sat) for Mio. They we're itch'in to get that first ride in. I was in a golf outing and couldn't join. Maybe one day, we'll hook-up.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Range Rover

I like the MI trails, great riding when its not dusty, but the MI DNR suck, that noise law simply blows. I rode the rose city area, bull gap trails 2 years ago in october and had the best time ever on any trail system. We went back last year and it was the worst time ever, we went on labor day weekend, it was dusty and we all got tickets for loud exhaust, thats got to be the biggest scam, if the DNR need money that bad they should just raise trail permit prices.

Quick Reply: Manistee Mich ????