CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Installed oil pressure gauge - question on oil line. Also need part numbers for oil sensor/boot

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed oil pressure gauge - question on oil line. Also need part numbers for oil sensor/boot

Does anyone know the part numbers for the oil pressure sensor, and the rubber boot? (Mine dosnt have the boot, and my sensor might be dead) I thought if you can buy the boot that would be better than electrical tape or some other primative setup.

I also just installed the sunpro oil gauge (Thanks BIG TIME to country joe glasses! helped me a ton) I got it all setup, and it seems ok, but I noticed the last foot or so (possibly more, had coiled tubing over the rest and didnt check any further down) does not have any oil in the tube. My friend and I are assuming it is because there is air in the line, so the oil only went up a little ways and is just compressing the air. The gauge does seem to be working ok (about 60 is at idle, and I blipped it a few times to make sure it moved and it did)

I am wondering if this air is ok in there, or if the gauge actually needs the oil up to it to work properly?? As usual I am probably worrying about nothing, but rather be safe than sorry I suppose!

Thanks everybody for the help!

Old 05-07-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Installed oil pressure gauge - question on oil line. Also need part numbers for oil sensor/boot

Roost thanks for the props but I got the idea from another forum member Jiminok. So I have to give big thanks to Jiminok. I haven't seen him around here in awhile, hope he's doing good with the new job.

Old 05-08-2005, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

When I got my bike used they just had silicone all around it. Haven't had anny problems yet, but I don't ride in the water. you can undo the line at the guage and turn the motor over till the oil fils the line and reinstall it with new fittings. I have air in mine as well. Shouldn't be a problem though. glad u got it together