CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

660 Raptor or Ds650

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 660 Raptor or Ds650

Originally posted by: DesertViper
I have owned both of those ATVs, and between those two I would definitely choose the DS650. You will need to spend a lot of money on a-arms, axle, and shocks for the Raptor to get it to be the equal of a stock DS650.

And I would suggest Viper Red baby! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We have owned both as well and the ds is by far a better machine. WE had 5 different Quads at one time and the raptor was always the last to be chosen to ride, by those in my crew .The DS'S were always chosen first. The raptor is a gonner!!

Just my 2c

Old 05-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
I have both, I hope my buddys dont get mad at me that have them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] I hate a craptor and did the first day I bought it. 2 short, 2 tippy, wheely monster but that just me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
YEA!!!! SHORT, TIPPY , WHEELY, AND SQUIRLEY

Old 05-14-2005, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I own both the baja and a raptor and in stock form the raptor is not that impressive but if you mod it properly with suspension and good quality motor work then you have something.The baja is impressive right out of the crate and has very good performance for a stock machine and it has excellent suspension for general riding.My raptor is a 690 that can hang right in there with most of the fastest four strokes and quite a few of the fast two strokes but i am pretty sure with the same amount of money put into my baja it would be faster than my raptor.The weakest point of the raptor in my opinion is that it is top heavy and unless you install a wider axle it will be a problem for any aggresive riding.In my opinion if you are over 6' tall and want a plush ride right out of the box get a ds but if you are of average size or slightly smaller then you may be more comfortable on a raptor.I almost never use the reverse on my raptor so for me that is not an issue.Even though i own both i have to say that for overall quality and performance the DS is a better choice.

Old 05-14-2005, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider

Raptor78-If you want to have any credibility on this forum when it comes to drag racing comments you should do a bit more of it so that you have a good base of information to draw from because it appears that you have very limited experience.The ds does not have to be modded too far to compete with or beat a raptor so you may want to keep that in mind.I can guarantee that we have some ds,s up here in Oregon that would make your raptor look silly slow.Try to take this for what it is (constructive criticism) and learn from it.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Duneittilludie You are the man!!!! hope ya dont mind me ribben on the raptor, I think ya know what I mean!!!! I rode ours around the property this evening. Today I spent a lot of time on the phone talking the future of our DS motors and pulling more hp out of them and sum super set ups coming up. We have a lot of things to be excited about if you are a hp junkie!!!! We have sum great guys doing frames that will set new standards, we have motor builders pulling #s out of these motors that blow my mind, no joke there will be dyno runs coming up that will make the banshee boys take a new look including myself. Im building my dream 20mill shee right now and we talked about bomb motors that will have more hp than my biggest build[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] The next 6 months is going to be a lot of fun!!!!!!! Sorry to ramble but im jazzed about whats happening even tho it might get me spanked[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 05-14-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Sandbomber-I was going to get my baja built this summer but i decided that i would wait to see what is available later on because this time when i have a fast four stroke built i want it to be scary fast.I think that the options for the ds motor will only get better.When do we get to see your 840 run at florence?

Old 05-14-2005, 01:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Eric is waiting on the override tranny to get done and hoping (cross our fingers) for a lock up clutch. When I get that baby back it will have all the goodies!!!!!!

Old 05-16-2005, 10:53 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Eric is waiting on the override tranny to get done and hoping (cross our fingers) for a lock up clutch. When I get that baby back it will have all the goodies!!!!!!
yeh sandbomber ur ds sounds totally sick already...i wanna race you when it's done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-16-2005, 11:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Demon at 4sw you will get you chance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]