CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Dynoed my cbr 1000rr ds.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2005, 04:13 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dynoed my cbr 1000rr ds.

Finally got around to dynoing my ds650 with the motorcycle motor in it. First pull was 46hp, and I was pretty sick. Second pull was 100.1 hp. The third pull was 123.0 hp to the wheels. I must have just about fouled the plugs just putting around on it and it finally cleared up. It actually would have made just a little more because it was still climbing when I shut it off at 10,000rpm (Really wierd feeling sitting on something completely still and turning 10,000rpms). Anyways I will have track times soon. Picures will be up shortly in my gallery, please understand that is not completely finished. I still have to get it powdercoated and buy my new plastic and seat cover.

Old 05-13-2005, 04:15 PM
sam
Pro Rider

whoohaa NICE[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

any pics?

Old 05-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

WOW! Good deal. Well get it ready and load it up and bring it to the Clash of the Titans on July 23rd in Sicily Island and lets see some action........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2005, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Got to love the horsepower. Wait until you start taking out shees left and right.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-13-2005, 08:14 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

SWEET!! Looks great... Looks like ya stretched the frame? The duall exhaust is awsome.

Old 05-13-2005, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

that thing is sweat i want one

Old 05-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider

Should have alot more power than that. My new CBR600RR redlines at 15,000 and make right around 110hp. I would guess that 1000 puts out around 150 or so. Looks good cant wait to see it finished.

Old 05-14-2005, 11:06 AM
Trailblazer

the frame is not stretched, I just have a ace fabrication +8 swingarm. I have a couple of buddies that have dynoed there 1000rr bikes and they put down around 130 to 135 on a motorcycle dyno. Another buddy of mine dynoed his hyabusa with a power comander and pipe and put down 168.

Old 05-14-2005, 01:24 PM
Pro Rider

First off, I know all dynos read differently. CBR1000RR's that I have seen dynoed (4-5 that I have seen) turn 151-153 stock. Akrapovic pipes, PCIIIUSB, and some BMC's will dyno around 165 at the rear tire. The ATV will have parasitic HP lose through the drivetrain, but it shouldn't be that much.

I can't tell from the pics, but did you use the stock airbox? And retain the second set of 4 injectors? Have you taken out the intake flapper? Are you sure you hooked the right injector wires to the correct injectors? The plugs are the same, but they operate at different voltages and at different RPM's. Some people have hooked their PCIII up to the wrong set and it causes problems.

Do you have a PCIIIUSB on it? With a different exhaust system than stock, you will need one to correctly tune it. BMC filters are awesome, K&N suck on the RR. You can also remove the wire screen from the outside of the stock filters which helps tremendously.

Looks good. You obviously spent a lot of time in fabrication. I bought a 1000RR engine for a banshee conversion but the guy stiffed me on the deal and I can't seem to get the engine or my money back.

The Dan Kyle ECU is very adjustable and seems to be working great on the RR's. I might be getting one this summer and I'll let you know if it helps.

Rev that thing!!!! My RR bumps the limiter all the time. The engine can hold quite a few RPM's past redline. 10,000 is NOTHING to the motor. That is where it starts pulling good. You shouldn't have fouled plugs. Its almost impossible in this motor. I have idled mine through town for over an hour and never even heard a hiccup from it.

What was your torque? Around 77ft/lbs is about the normal I have heard of.

Old 05-15-2005, 01:19 PM
Trailblazer

AlkyBurninX
thanks for your input, I also completely agree that dynos will vary from each other. Also I know that the dyno is mainly used as a tuning tool and that is what I will be using it for. My dyno is a Dynojet 248c automotive dyno with wideband. I did not read torque because I was waiting on a guy to to tune his transam so I decided at the last moment to put my four-wheeler on there and did not want to fool with hooking up the tach leads(next time I will read torque). The motor does not have the power commander on it but it will in the future. I would also like to know more about the Dan Kyle ECU. As far as the airbox (this has been one of the biggest pains because the top 4 injectors have to go through the airbox). I am also looking for another stock airbox and velocity stacks so if you hear of any let me know. Right now I have 4 chrome K+N's attached to the top of my velocity stacks and the fuel injector rail is attached to the top of them. This is something that I am still playing with. I asked a couple of people on some of the websites about doing away with the top 4 injectors and what I got back was that it would create a very lean condition and would not work. I also have the top 4 injectors which are labeled 1-4 plugged in (say you are sitting on your bike) from left to right. If yours are easy to check it would help me out if you could verify if this is correct.

thanks in advance, Brandon

Quick Reply: Dynoed my cbr 1000rr ds.