CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

The NEW RON WOODS DRAG PIPE turned some heads at Red River!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 04:55 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The NEW RON WOODS DRAG PIPE turned some heads at Red River!!!

If I understand this 'pipe' correctly, it started life as a normal Ron Woods Pipe, then The Bom, altered it into a drag pipe, right? I'm not sure Ron Woods deserves much credit for what The Bom was able to do. When I read the words "The NEW RON WOODS DRAG PIPE" I like anyone else in the world would think this means Ron Woods came out with the product. But as we all know, Ron Woods is happy to sit on their asses and not develop anything new. I think credit needs to be given where it is due, Ron Woods deserves a kick in the ***, and The Bom needs a good pat on the back and a beer or something.

There are a few companies out there who are developing new products, those are the people we all need to rally around. Anyone else, dump 'em.

Old 05-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: BlackHawk
If I understand this 'pipe' correctly, it started life as a normal Ron Woods Pipe, then The Bom, altered it into a drag pipe, right? I'm not sure Ron Woods deserves much credit for what The Bom was able to do. When I read the words "The NEW RON WOODS DRAG PIPE" I like anyone else in the world would think this means Ron Woods came out with the product. But as we all know, Ron Woods is happy to sit on their asses and not develop anything new. I think credit needs to be given where it is due, Ron Woods deserves a kick in the ***, and The Bom needs a good pat on the back and a beer or something.

There are a few companies out there who are developing new products, those are the people we all need to rally around. Anyone else, dump 'em.
If you read my first post I did give all the credit to the Bom, but I just posted it as the Ron Woods drag pipe because that is what it is called. The Bom designed it but Ron Woods still makes it and sends them to the Bom for him to sell. I didn't give any credit to Ron Woods.

Old 05-25-2005, 09:06 AM
Pro Rider

Any pics? Is it ceramic coated steel? Is it a top end only exhaust? Does it have the notorious hitting the frame on big jumps bend?

Old 05-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

Its ceramic coated and doesnt hit the frame. From what I understand Woods produces the pipe for The Bomb. Its basically a woods pipe without the canister but it uses the Woods headers and midpipe. We are back to the improving or mods to the original design.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Pro Rider

I saw first hand the new in frame drag pipe at Sand Mountain. Its nice. It is built by Ron Wood. Its the same head pipe, same mid section with a reverse cone at the end of the pipe instead of the muffler. The Bom deserves credit for getting Ron Wood to re-design thier existing pipe into an in-frame drag pipe. I'm not so sure that Ron Wood deserves a kick in the pants over this. Quite simply, there are now changes in the wind at Ron Wood, including the new 14:1 CP piston with gapless rings. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2005, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

you can only get the pipe and the piston from thebom. ron wood does not have any of these they custom made them for jeff. and ya i got lucky and got the first pipe and piston from jeff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
SO if anyone needs one call jeff. ill have mine together tonight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-31-2005, 04:17 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shmee
you can only get the pipe and the piston from thebom. ron wood does not have any of these they custom made them for jeff. and ya i got lucky and got the first pipe and piston from jeff[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
SO if anyone needs one call jeff. ill have mine together tonight.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Actually the 14:1 piston is available from any RWR dealer, and so is the drag pipe. I just ordered them myself. Like I said before, thebomb get the credit for getting Ron to change and advance his products. As many of you know, I am involved is other types of design improvements for the DS. The benefit from it is that you get the kudos from folks for the design change and even a brief window of opportunity for sales. Unfortunatly, like with parts that I design, the manufacturers of the parts will eventually offer the new designed parts to all of thier dealers. The same is true with Gas Caps, thumb throttles and many other parts.

Old 05-31-2005, 06:08 PM
Pro Rider

so how many did you have to order to sell?? 8 or so??

Old 05-31-2005, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

I had to order a lot.