CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

"One cheap DS"

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "One cheap DS"

I went to a government auction today just to check it out. Me and my girl were looking for a new SUV and decided to go. Let me tell you if any of you guys are in the market for a new vehicle or quad check them out. I have never been to one and didn't know what to expect, but ended up with a new SUV and a new quad. I bought a 2002 Ford Excursion with 8" of lift, weld wheels, 37" micky thompsons, full tint, exhaust, computer chip, and full interior dvd package with 52,000 miles on a Diesel Power Stroke. I paid $14,000 for it. It blue booked with no add ons for $22,000.

But the best was, they rolled out a 2002 Ds Baja and my eyes lit up. My girl just whimpered and shook her head. Let me tell you. It has renthal bars, a White brothers exhaust, ims tank, holeshots on some nice .190's, a dura blue axle, Ims roll pegs, +2 A-arms, Olin shocks, all the way around, full skid plates, and a powder coated frame. I paid $900 for it. When I loaded it up in my new Excursion and got it home the only problem that I saw was that the ignition had been ripped off. I replaced it, changed all of the fluids, and tore the carb apart, just to check it. Put the key in, pulled the choke and it fired right up. I rode it for about an hour and it runs like a scalded dog. It seriously needs some new plastics, "think about buying all black", but other than that it is perfect. There were only two bids on it, and I was the only bid on the excursion. I am one happy bastard right now. I am telling you, if you have the time and a little bit of cash jump on these auctions. I am saving right now for the next one. They sold a "03 Yamaha Grizzly that was jacked and had some serious after parts for $2400. It was not even real. I still think that I am dreaming. Well I need to get back outside to put my last coat of wax on my new Excursion.

Old 05-24-2005, 01:58 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

Wow, congratulations!! On both accounts. I've been to a couple of auctions, I've seen some good deals, and some really, really crappy ones.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

Now thats AWSOME!!!!!!

Old 05-24-2005, 02:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

Got any pictures of the new toys?

Old 05-24-2005, 02:27 AM
Trailblazer
Default "One cheap DS"

yeh..get us some pics

Old 05-24-2005, 04:47 AM
Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

Congrats!!!!!!!Just to warn you though............you think it gets crazy modding the ds, wait until you start modding that powerstroke..........I carumba. Its like the worst drug ever!!!!!!!!!!!but hey, stock isn't fun!!

Old 05-24-2005, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

How'd you find out about the auction? Did they provide a list of auctioned items before you went?

Old 05-24-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

wow 900 bucks is great, and the deal on the excursion is killer too. I have seen ads at 2 am advertising those auctions but never considered going to one. Might just have to check it out. I am also wondering, did they provide a list of things being auctioned, or do you just have to show up and look?

Old 05-24-2005, 05:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

I found out about the auction by seeing a Honda 250R in our Police compound. I kept asking the mechanics when they were going to get rid of it and they informed me of the auction. I was also told that by law they have to post the auction in the local paper. They didn't have a list, but you were allowed to walk around the compound and look around prior to the auction. I only have a lap top computer right now and am not allowed to install programs, so I can't download picts. I am about to buy a new home computer and will post then. Has anyone ever used one of these Hypertech programmable computers in the Powerstrokes? It has a bunch of settings on it that im really not familiar with.

Old 05-24-2005, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider
Default "One cheap DS"

We installed two hypertech's, one in a super duty, and one in a vortech 5.3. What are you wondering about? (may not be the most of help, but we adjusted quite a few things on each)

Quick Reply: "One cheap DS"