CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds owners

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2000, 12:49 AM
rnl
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You ds boys let me know what your oppinion of the ds realy is. The good, the bad, and the ugly. And if you got to do it over again, would you still get the ds. I'm really considering the ds, so your hope is appreciated. thanks

Old 10-08-2000, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

Haha, we have the same post name, and they were made about the same time. I'll share . No really though, i bought a ds and at first was thinking it was to heavy and this and that, mainly because i read bad things about them in those yamaha forums like *heavyweight* and so-on. But after we bought it i like it alot, it is heavy machine, but the power and suspension makes up for it pretty well..Its very very easy to jump for such a large machine, i bet after 4 jumps on it, you would get use to it right away. The only thing i have to really complain about is the rev limiter is set a little to low..but you will learn to use the power and shift befor you hit the limiter, it just takes time. Powerwise/torquewise i dont think the ds can be beat in stock form. Another good thing is that the ds's engin can be modified to almost double the horspower! They say the ds reacts better to modifications then any other 4 stoke, and probably alot of 2 stokes to! Anysays, now that i posted this, i'm sure a yama fan will come in and start and argument with me, so be prepared.

Old 10-08-2000, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

R N L READ MY POST ON PREVIOUS MAYBE THAT WILL HELP WITH THE POSITIVES.... ONLY DRAWBACKS IHAVE NOTICED SO..POOR QUALITY AIR STOCK AIR FILTER GETA K-N, CHAIN ROOLER BOKE APART AFTER APRX. 30 HOURS ..GETA AFTERMARKET ..MAYBE T-M DESIGN WORKS ,AND ONCE I ROLLED IT ..STOCK HANDLEBARS BENT OF COURSE BUT THE REAL SURPRISE WAS THAT STOCK STEERING STEM BENT...BUT IAM HARD ON EVERY QUAD I HAVE OWNED ..I" RIDE THEM LIKE I STOLE THEM"....GET A DS650 YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU DID.ALSO GO TO WWW.BOMBARDIER 650.COM FOR INFO. YOU SEEK...HAPPY TRAILS..BOMBS AWAY

Old 10-08-2000, 11:17 AM
Range Rover

rnl,
the ds is a awesome quad. i love the suspension and comfort of it mostly, not to mention all of the torque and power. the ds is definitely heavier than other quads, but too heavy? absolutely not! and i weigh 170 lbs. the bad is that my chain roller broke and i had too have the baffle fixed and the muffler repacked. just recently the battery went dead for no reason. so far everything has been covered under warrenty. people complain about the stock air filter, but i havent had any problems although i will soon be getting a k&n. I replaced the stock tires since i blew out both on the right side. I now have 22 inch dirt devils and they are great although worn pretty good all ready from street ridin. I raced my brother in his car just to see what it would do top end, this is no lie, I hit 87mph. I am not saying this is completely accurate but he was right next to me on a flat strip of road for about 2 miles with no wind stock gearing, stock filter. I dont know if my rev limiter wasnt working or what but it never kicked in. I would definitely recommend this quad.another plus is that it isnt made in japan.

Old 10-08-2000, 01:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ive had my ds for 6 months and havent had any prblems yet. Maybe its luck. I love this machine! I thought the weight was going to an issue, but I dont even notice it. My machine is pretty much stock,except for renthal bars,nerfbars,steel braided hoses,and razors on the rear. I also fabricated a headlight cover,which made the machine look even cooler. Im very satisfied with the all around performance of it. Remember its not ho fast you go,its how well you go fast.