CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Wear you seat-belts fellas!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 05:34 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wear you seat-belts fellas!!

Wow glad your here to tell us the story.That could of turn out much worse.
Hope you and your dad heal up quick.

Old 05-31-2005, 11:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] WOW! Mario stay safe bro, I'm sure you and your pops are sore today, so take it easy alright.

Bigger.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider

You and your pop are very lucky indeed. However so is the rest of your family.....They didn't have to go on without you!

Take care..

"The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time."

Old 05-31-2005, 05:18 PM
Pro Rider

glad to hear your ok, I know how it feels to be in the other persons shoes, the one who runs the stop sign(or red light in your case), trust me it sucks, something I have to live with everyday. but i got lucky and am actually able to still be living. ya never know when something like this can happen, i know i certainly didn't expect that, i know out of all my friends i'm the one how drives the least retarded and i'm the one who got into the accident, i know your probably mad but just be happy that your still here to be mad about it

Old 05-31-2005, 05:35 PM
TPR
The Champ

Good to hear you're ok. I never drive without the belt on, and just this morning they had a "Seatbelt and License" checkpoint. Just like a DUI checkpoint. Must have been a half dozen people getting ticked.

TPR

Old 05-31-2005, 05:45 PM
Pro Rider

good thing you are OK, I just got in a accident also 3 weeks ago, my truck is thrashed and my body is getting better.....man it could have been worse...

Old 05-31-2005, 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: VEGAS650
Just got back from Havasu, so did a lot of driving myself.

Get well soon dude. same for your dad.

I'll call ya in a couple of days see how your doing.

Al
How did you like Havasu?

Get well soon, Annihilater.

Old 05-31-2005, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

Dam glad to know your ok Mario, Sorry to hear about that good luck recovering and let me know what your gonna do for an F-650, I have tossed the idea around and have found a few places that put out hot shot units for pretty decent prices. Hope you and the pops heal up well and talk at ya' later buddy.

Tom

Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: jetsnow600
Glad to hear your ok, that is scary to think about.

were you wearing your seatbelt? I know in california they are required but i'm moving to Reno and while i've been up there i've noticed a lot of people in nevada dont wear their seatbelts so they must not be required by law?
I've been a cop in NV for nine years next month (Just left Las Vegas two months ago). The seatbelts are mandatory by law. Anyplace they are not mandatory by law, they should be mandatory by common sense. I certainly don't make a habit of being preachy, but I've seen people not wear belts in mild accidents wind up in the hospital and guys in multiple rolls go home with their family. Heck, just read the title of this thread.

Glad to hear you are at home. That is always a good sign. Assuming you went to UMC trauma, please follow their instructions. Those folks are good at what they do.

Sorry for the sermon. I'm now off my soapbox

BlackLotus

Old 06-01-2005, 12:32 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Thanks guys, My goal here was to relay the message to wear seatbelts. I think we would have gone through the window without them. I had pulled too much slack in the bottom part of the belt, I think thats why I hit so hard.

I went to Sunrise hospital, I wish I would have gone to UMC. My mom is head of internal medicine there (they get all the action). But I heard they were too full and diverting. Sunrise was terrible, even though I had a grapefriut size lump on the top of my head they did not want to do a Cat scan... The guy who hit us was right next to us in bad shape and they just wanted to get us out within a few hours. Kinda scary. My legs are still going numb and left arm is too off and on. I hope I can get my back and neck adjusted and get back to the activitys... I hate pain pills and have been advised by another doctor to not take aspirin till I get my brain checked out so I just deal with the pain.

I posted 1 mor pic#10 and you can see where the middle of the front bumper was taco'd.

Quick Reply: Wear you seat-belts fellas!!