CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

THE 450 IS REAL

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 11:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Originally posted by: newbomber
I was at the Bomb dealership today and one of the sales guys told me that he had just been with the Bomb sales rep this weekend and got to try out the new 800EFI. After telling we what a sweet ride it is, I asked him about the new sport quad. After making me swear I was not a Bomb employee and would not use his name (I'm sure they all say that), he told me the new sport quad would be a 450 Twin cylinder two stroke with EFI. Sounds like a big banshee to me!
Maybe my dealer was right after all!

Old 06-20-2005, 12:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I really hate to jump on this rumor bandwagon but, a dealer in my area is saying the same thing. . . two-stroke EFI. Not sure if it is a 450 though.

It does make you wonder when so many dealers seem to echo the same thing. . . two-stroke EFI.

I'm pretty Bomb loyal but, I have to say I think Bomb is missing the boat right now. They eliminate the plain-jane DS for the Baja X only (higher priced) and then with the new Raptor with EFI and bigger bore they are going head to head on price. They should bring back their non-baja DS so they have an edge on price. Give the people that have a tight budget an option when comparing the DS to the Raptor.

Bomb should add to their line-up the DS Drakkar which could be EFI and a 102mm jug. . . this would be a direct competitor to the new Raptor. This model should include the Baja package too. Seriously, if they are going to take 3-years (as said in a previous post by someone) to get this to production there are problems.

I really feel for their ATV only dealers right now. I'm not a big Yamaha fan but, they are really getten taken to lunch right now with all the new models Yamaha is coming out with.

Bomb should also beat Yamaha to the punch by putting a 250 4-stroke engine into a Blaster type frame. I'ld like to see Yamaha update their new Blaster with the 250 4-stroke dirt-bike engine (slightly modified). The blaster has always been a great ride for the learning teens and the 250 4-stroke engines have the power to make a great fit.

Let's hope Bomb is truely watching these forums!

Old 06-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I disagree with the last comment. They made a great move by updating the 4x4 side and dumping the Traxter Quest lines at this time. I bet the new 700R raptor will run with the ds650 but not completely outperform it. Yamaha didn't really do that much to the 4x4 side. They focused on the sport. Bombardier did the opposite. I think bombardier's move was better. 4x4 is where the market is right now. Fun, IRS, big bore machines are the top sellers. Should be releasing an outlander to fill the gap between 400-800 this fall.

They will catch up with the sport side of things. My opinion is that they will launch a good sized race program this Fall with an innovative race bike. Start racing it next season and also release the machine to dealers in about march. Like I said, Just my opinion.

I think you will see a bigger bored DS within 9-12 months, maybe a 730 or 760. I would put a 60% chance on that it will be a redesigned chassis as well. Something lighter and a little racier, but none the less, still great for the dunes.

Here's my predictions for marketshare in the next 12-24 months. Yamaha and Bombardier gain about 4-8% marketshare each. And drops with suzuki and honda. I think more of a drop with Honda. They are not really holding up their end of things at the moment.

Just my $.02, not looking to **** anyone off or start angry arguments.

Old 06-20-2005, 01:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Dooski , you seem as though you have some access to market info and perhaps ( dare I say ) some ""inside info"" , so just what is the market breakdown per builder? Honda , Yamaha , Suzuki , Bombardier , Cannondale and ?? Did I forget anyone ?

IS there also a breakdown as to the type of machine ?? Sport , Utility , ?......

Im not going to say that a 250 2 stroke is better or worse than a 450 4 stroke ( I prefer the 450 ) , Im just hope after all the gossip B-S is done that we really do have a true "Sport" quad..

Old 06-20-2005, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer
Default THE 450 IS REAL

There is a motorpsort magazine that covers pwc, snowmobile, motorcycle, and atv market news. I'll see if I can find the website for it. I can't seem to think of the name of it at the moment. You can find that type of info. all over the net too.

We get stuff like this faxed from our sales reps. every couple months. If I get anything in soon, I'll post whatever info is on it.

I don't really have that much inside info. to be honest. I just get enough to make a few opinions. I get the same info most other dealers get. Some reps will give out more info than others, but it's the guys above your district rep that you need to ask questions. He or She is the person that knows exactly whats coming. SOMETIMES they'll give you enough hints to figure it out.

Old 06-20-2005, 05:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

While searching the net for any possible info leaks stumbled across this job, someone just needs to take it and then use a bogus name on here and tell us whats really going on.

BRP District rep

Old 06-21-2005, 02:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

ppl say that there are BOMB rep's monitoring this forum... i hope they're listening to everyone's input then. I think BOMB should come out with a Light-weight 450 to compete with the YFZ and TRX on the track.

My friend told me that 05 was the last year for the banshee. Is that true?

Old 06-21-2005, 01:04 PM
RXM
Trailblazer
Default THE 450 IS REAL

The new Suzuki is going to kill the competion for awhile.

Old 06-21-2005, 01:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I would love to see Suzuki kill the competition for a while - I used to own an LT250R and me along with a couple of other guys from the ATVing.com chat room were all pretty big Suzuki fans at the time - so any time I see Suzuki do better than Honda or Yamaha I'm happy.

Old 06-21-2005, 03:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I'm sorry to keep stirring but have any of you seen this http://www.unadillamx.com/ Then go to the thing about Bomb in 2005.
It seems they are trying to get in to it. Nothing happens overnight. I would love to see Bombardier kill the competition. Now if they can make it reasonably priced.

Quick Reply: THE 450 IS REAL