CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

THE 450 IS REAL

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 04:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THE 450 IS REAL

alright alright i'm done. good luck with the new quad.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

thanks.

Old 06-17-2005, 05:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Originally posted by: AceShwetz
Thanks for the vote of confidence Steveo! I took a bunch of heat when I first mentioned the Outlander 800. Anyway, my guy hasn't said a thing about the new sport quad yet, so there probably isn't anything too soon. I'm guessing 07 will be the year that the sport quad world will explode with a few new machines. I'd expect an aluminum framed YFZ450 (like the Rappy 700), The Suzook Aluminum EFI 450, and probably the BRP EFI 450 4 stroke (maybe a mid-season launch, but definately not in the next few months anyway). The thing is that I can see BRP go their own way on a new sport quad. They have the 2-tech technology to make 2 strokes cleaner than 4 strokes. There is a myth on these forums that legislation wants to ban new 2 strokes - not true, regulations are only tied to emmisions, there is no discrimination between 2 and 4 stroke in this area. So I'd say a 2 stroke is without a doubt in the future, BRP has invested a lot of money in this technology. They are aware of the interest of 2-strokes in quads, and their new corporate philosophy (since the Bombardier family took over again) is pushing for cutting-edge machines that set the standard. They had misses with the step-through design of the Quests and plastic racks on the Rally. But look at their hits in the personal watercraft market and the REV platform in the snowmobile world - a design that has (in 3 years) revolutionized the snowmobile world and has every manufacturer copying it. Everyone is aware of the money to be made by these companies in the exploding ATV market, so I see BRP doing something to put the others on their ear like they did with the Outlander 800. I'm going out on a limb saying a 450cc+ 2-stroke twin cylinder with a gearbox, and possibly aluminum frame is in the pipeline within two years release. If they break the mold that racing sanctions have imposed on the marketplace and produce a big-bore open class machine they would have the biggest hit ever on their hands and outsell all other models. I don't care how important people think racing is, the majority of the market WANTS a top-line open class quad that does it all. Even if it doesn't fit in a certain racing class they will sell a ton of them.

So yes, I can't wait to see what happens in the next few years, its a great time to be in the market!
I think what you've said sounds the most reasonable to me. I have no connections to bombardier reps or anything but It does seem like they have pushed the boundries in all their ventures. They did make the DS650 when nobody had a big bore ATV like that other then the old quadzillas. It would be a glorious day in ATVs when a company designs a new two stroke machine. I think if one company brings a 2stroke sport machine into the market they will command extremely large sales from it and will pretty much force the other companies to do the same if they want to sell sport models. The E-Tec evinrude motors are prison raping the competition 4strokes in maitnence, power, speed, reliability, and cost.

Old 06-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

The dealer in Coco Beach, FL, is now saying a 60hp 2 stroke. Smaller than the DS for GNCC style competition! The testing plant is not far from there either.Said it could be up to a year before is available. He said something I think that was said before about how they had planned on it competing in the GNCC this year, which is televised for OLN, and there was problems and no deal was made.

Old 06-17-2005, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

ya i believe if they make another two stroke they will make loads off of it. Because i know that i am looking for a newer two stroke quad and the only one i can find that i trust is the banshee. And i obviously am not the only one looking for a more reliable 2-stroke. I know they have the gas gas but i havent even seen one in person and i dont consider it a company i can trust and get work done on. No offence to anyone who has one.

Old 06-17-2005, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

/

Old 06-18-2005, 01:18 PM
Range Rover
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I agree with the GNCC thing. I am racing the new 800efi in GNCC in the utility class division but was asked by a Bomb rep if I would be interested in racing a new sport quad. "Must be the 450 2-stroke coming I said", he just smiled.

Old 06-18-2005, 04:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

Why not come out with a state of the are 2-stroke? They are already revolutionizing te marine industry with the new 2 stroke outboards that are supposed to outperform 4 strokes, need no maintenance for 3 years and comply with pollution regulations. Right now the Banshee is alone it the large 2 stroke category and people still love it. Why not take away some of the money flying around with an even bigger and hopefully better 2 stroke. I can't wait to see it.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default THE 450 IS REAL

yeah they try to force the 4 strokes down our throats and although a lot of people have switched I think a good ammount of people still would rather put their money into fixing up a used 2stroke then buying a new 4stroke. If you really think about the cost for a new 450 sport quad and then say 6 to 7 thousand. Buy a 250r or lt250 or banshee or lt500 or any of them for 2000 dollars in running averidge condition. you can do a lot of work to one with 5 or 6 grand.

Old 06-18-2005, 05:20 PM
Range Rover
Default THE 450 IS REAL

I was down at TVI in Oregon last week and they were saying that there is a twin 450 4 stroke coming out with EFI. I don;t know why they would lie about it. They sure can make the DS650 go with their turbo.

Quick Reply: THE 450 IS REAL