CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

am i alone on this

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am i alone on this

You guys are compulsive ! I don't have that much time to rip it all apart and scrub it down . Never had a problem either ! Always clean it before servicing tho .

Old 06-16-2005, 02:23 PM
Trailblazer

I clean mine not after every ride but enough to make maintenance easy. Polish? I polish it up the day before I trade it in. Sorry guys but you have more time on your hands then I doo.

Originally posted by: JMann2380
Why don't you guys list some post ride rituals?

I usually hose mine down and hit it real quick with a towel, but it still goes away somewhat wet, do you guys bust out the hair dryer?

-Josh

I've used a leaf blower.

Old 06-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

I was working on my bike well into the night when all of a sudden the garage door opened and I got hit with a sleeping bag.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]..then the door slammed shut.....I wounder if that meant I'm in the dog house.... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2005, 03:03 PM
Trailblazer

sounds like there more service work to be done...... if you know what i mean....... wink wink.

Old 06-16-2005, 03:33 PM
Pro Rider

Yea i too take off all the plastic after i ride, Most of the time it is so muddy you cant even tell what color it is. I also use Simple Green, It makes the rubber hoses and tires look new again. Also gets all the contaminated grease off, then afterwards i grease everything and wax the chain. Dont forget to armor all your plastic to prevent fading and helps in mud removal.. Also important if you use a degreaser as i do remember to grease everything afterwards because it not only removes the dirt but the grease also. ... take care of your quad. As for my wfe I told her if a new 450-500 comes out she may get traded in for one, she got PI$$ED. Oh well talk to ya later CHIKNHAWK

Old 06-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Trailblazer

Have you guys ever heard of spraying a non-stick cooking spray (like PAM) on your header pipe to keep mud and dirt from sticking to it and discoloring the pipe? I heard it works, but havn't tried it as of yet. I'm getting ready to install a full chrome Trinity pipe and would like for the chrome header to stay nice looking for as long as possible.

Any other techniques to keep a pipe from discoloring?

Old 06-16-2005, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

I'm pretty compulsive about my bikes too. Washed, and dried after every ride. I hate the look of oil, and dust all glopped onto the frame, A-arm pivots, etc. JMAC650, doesn't the Simple Green make your bike Squeak like crazy? The stuff is incredible, and I used to use it, but I got tired of hunting down the squeaks...lol.
J.

Old 06-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

Are any of you compulsive guys mechanics ? I see dirt and grease all day long and take it home with me every nite . It dosen't bother me ! You can never get it all off your hands . Or when hydraulic oil runs down your arm , into your arm-pit , then down your back and into your pants , and finally resting in your boots . Crawling in the mud to fix a truck thats stuck in the mud up to the frame . "God made dirt , and dirt don't hurt " .

Old 06-16-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

I use dish washing soap with the long handle brush and a water hose with a nozzle. If its real dirty I use my power sprayer. Then I use my air hose to dry it. Then a towel

Old 06-16-2005, 05:05 PM
Pro Rider

if you do it my way, i make life easy and is good way too. ok i take out the power washer and power all that dirt off. then flip that bike up and do the same. now put bike down and get warm water in a bucket with car wash in it. [alittle more than it says to use]. wash everything using a soft rag. rinse and while still wet sprary everything with black magic tire foam spray. this **** makes it shine.