CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

am i alone on this

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 01:38 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default am i alone on this

Seems like every time i take my bomb out, even if it just a few hours i spend the next 3-4 hours cleaing and polishing, The wife says i need special help. I think shes just jealous. Later Chiknhawk

Old 06-16-2005, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

It's called obsessive compulsive disorder. Welcome to the club. My wife messes with me all the time because I do the same thing.

Old 06-16-2005, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

Don't we all!
That is why we are called enthusiast......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-16-2005, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

No , I leave it dirty for weeks at a time . Why clean it spotless to go get it full of mud the next weekend ?

Old 06-16-2005, 09:12 AM
Trailblazer

Ride it hard, put away wet......= Problems down the road.

Us techs at the dealerships appreciate people cleaning and polishing after riding. It makes our jobs easier for servicing. It also helps keep your bike out of the shop.

We have people that come in and their complaint "Why is my bike running so hot" We take them out to the wash bay and start hosing down the fins of the radiator.....as the mud flows out of 30 minutes, they get a good idea of why their bike isn't running right and running hot.

Old 06-16-2005, 11:01 AM
Pro Rider

Same here with the cleaning and polishing. I just wont show up on a dirty bike. Guys always say dang do you ever ride it?

Old 06-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Why don't you guys list some post ride rituals?

I usually hose mine down and hit it real quick with a towel, but it still goes away somewhat wet, do you guys bust out the hair dryer?

-Josh

Old 06-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

This is what I do;
I take off the fenders, nose, gas tank, wheels, and skid plate. spray it off with a hose, then spray the whole thing down with Simple Green. Let that sit for about 10 minutes. Then I use a mix of Simple Green and dish soap in a bucket and wash it off. I got one of those car wash brushes from kragens that I use along with a rag and toothbrush. Takes about 2-3 hours but it is worth it because it looks like new again. You can also check over you DS very well while you are cleaning it for any damage. My wife calls me a little **** about my cars and atv's, but hey, I paid enough for that stuff might as well take care of it.

Old 06-16-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

If the bike is not clean the oil checked and replaced after three rides air filter cleaned the tire pressures checked it does not go on the trailer. I have drilled this into my kids heads their whole life and if their bikes are not ready and everything done they get to stay home and do chores when everybody else goes riding.
It has happened to my kids only once and it has never happened again. It is so funny sometimes one of my buddies will pull up with a dirty bike or they will have a dirty fillter and my kids always point it out to me and tell me it makes them sick.
Got to love it :0)

Old 06-16-2005, 12:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bellracing2
No , I leave it dirty for weeks at a time . Why clean it spotless to go get it full of mud the next weekend ?
agree