CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Stock sand dragger

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock sand dragger

I am curantly investing some money in my bike to make it faster in the sand drags but I do not want to go into the motor at all I want to keep it as reliable as possible because I have two teen boys who love to race my bike as soon as I get off of it. So far I have ported the intake rejeted the carb and lightened up the springs and installed a k&n filter and also have a full Ron Woods pipe and header. I plan on installing the sidewinder 520 chain kit and a ron woods cdi box and 22 inch haulers. If anybody knows anymore go fast things I can do to my bike please let me know.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro Rider

look at choosetolose's bike all bolt ons.

Old 06-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You need to invest in a good lighweight swingarm so you can utilize a drag axle with lighter hubs & wheels. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Lightened A-arms will help aswell.

Old 06-17-2005, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

i would forget about the sidewinder kit and go with mr. hp's. It's defantly a lot cheaper and if he runs it on his bike you know it's good.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:04 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

Does MRHP have a web site or a contact #
Thank you guys for the replies.

Old 06-17-2005, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Mr HP

Old 06-17-2005, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The number of paddles will make a difference also, I'm not sure what bolt on guys are running, maybe 8 paddle?

Old 01-02-2006, 07:08 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: shmee
look at choosetolose's bike all bolt ons.
Guy's I know some of you are thinking that Im bragging on my bike with all of these drag posts about my bike. But in reality Im trying to shed some light for the rest of the guys that are out there wanting to see just what it takes to make your bike go fast while utilizing a stock motor. Whenever the bike gets out of the shop at the end of this month, it will be as fast as it can be and with that said, I have done the leg work, now all you have to do is go and get it, [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I want to thank all that has helped me make the Spiderbike what it is today. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Tpsycho
I am curantly investing some money in my bike to make it faster in the sand drags but I do not want to go into the motor at all I want to keep it as reliable as possible because I have two teen boys who love to race my bike as soon as I get off of it. So far I have ported the intake rejeted the carb and lightened up the springs and installed a k&n filter and also have a full Ron Woods pipe and header. I plan on installing the sidewinder 520 chain kit and a ron woods cdi box and 22 inch haulers. If anybody knows anymore go fast things I can do to my bike please let me know.
Tpsycho, I do not know what you have as far a clutch, but I would definitely run stiffer springs like the Woods or Pami's. You can have all the power you want, but the clutch puts the power in motion.
Chuck

Old 01-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

I second the clutch springs. That is probably the first thing you should do. My ds is almost bone stock and I only weigh 145lbs and the stock springs were allowing the clutch to slip during hard shifting and when I put the 60% springs in it felt alot better when dragging. Oh by the way, my quad is not real fast, only trying to comment about the springs. I will let the pros discuss what it takes to go fast. RUSS

Quick Reply: Stock sand dragger