CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEW WORLD RECORD FASTEST QUAD!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 06:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW WORLD RECORD FASTEST QUAD!

Afterburner just successfully broke the Guinness World Record on his Raptor at 124mph. Look for the story in October Issue of Dirtwheels, FYI.

The Bear (with my singed fur-from the rocket)

Hey, they didnt warn me that I couldnt take a picture that close.LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2005, 08:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

way to go Afterburner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-19-2005, 07:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Nice job!!!!

Old 06-20-2005, 01:17 AM
Range Rover

Way to go Afterburner!

Old 06-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSXBEAR
Afterburner just successfully broke the Guinness World Record on his Raptor at 124mph. Look for the story in October Issue of Dirtwheels, FYI.

The Bear (with my singed fur-from the rocket)

Hey, they didnt warn me that I couldnt take a picture that close.LOL. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
Thanks, Bear. In hindsight, I wish we had installed the aerodynamic nose and then tried the thruster and NOS. I bet we could have passed 135, maybe even 140 and held it. Then again, maybe I'm nuts! In any event, it was awesome to ride an ATV that fast, even if I did have to have the seat cover surgically removed.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-20-2005, 01:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Terry ya know ya was being pulled by a DS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] Good job!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2005, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

This will be the only time I admit this, but me and the ALBA guys did seriously consider using the DS for this project. But, maybe a DS will ake the record next time. We plan to make this an annual event like Bonneville cars and bikes, but for additional ATV categories and only for ATV's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 06-20-2005, 02:38 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Anyway that you could bring that machine out to the ATV MXtravaganza in October and show the masses what you've done with it??? Sounds like it would be a sure crowd pleaser out at the dry lake bed.
Congrats, but using a DS for the next attempt would surely be a more comfortable ride. Although at 124mph with no cage around you I don't imagine that there is any comfort involved. How long did you have to maintain that speed for it to be considered a record?

Old 06-20-2005, 11:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: afterburner
This will be the only time I admit this, but me and the ALBA guys did seriously consider using the DS for this project. But, maybe a DS will ake the record next time. We plan to make this an annual event like Bonneville cars and bikes, but for additional ATV categories and only for ATV's.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]
That's a great idea. Make this an annual event and you may find there will be a number of people that try their hand at this as well.

Old 06-20-2005, 12:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DuneMe
Originally posted by: afterburner
That's a great idea. Make this an annual event and you may find there will be a number of people that try their hand at this as well.
I think if I have a gear change and someone else other than me tweek my front end it would be fun to try[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NEW WORLD RECORD FASTEST QUAD!