CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

radiator shrouds for ds 650

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2005, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radiator shrouds for ds 650

ok fellas, who knows where to get some rad shrouds for the bomb, and which ones work best, thanks guys

Old 06-19-2005, 11:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

www.ctracing.com

Been running mine for 3years.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

CT Racing & alba. They are all about the same except alba also have the carbon fiber shrouds. I would save the money & go with the CT Racing or Alba aluminum shrouds. I have the CT Racing shrouds.

Old 06-19-2005, 11:57 PM
Trailblazer

thanks fellas , i knew one of you guys knew were i could get one of these shrouds, i know mean ds650 was parting out his stuff his son to has recked his bike, hes hooked me up on my parts that ineed to put mine back together, thanks again

Old 06-20-2005, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just bought a set of the CT shrouds. Went to install last night and discovered the bolt near the bottom of the radiator is too short once you insert the tab that holds the bottom of the shroud. CT needs to supply a set of longer bolts with the shrouds. Another trip to the hardware store I guess. Other than that they are a nice fit.

Old 10-05-2005, 02:56 PM
Range Rover

DSengineer
You wrote -
"I just bought a set of the CT shrouds. Went to install last night and discovered the bolt near the bottom of the radiator is too short once you insert the tab that holds the bottom of the shroud. CT needs to supply a set of longer bolts with the shrouds. Another trip to the hardware store I guess. Other than that they are a nice fit. "

I called CT and they advised that their shrouds would not fit the DS with Baja lights.
I see from your pics you still have your Baja lights with the CT shrouds installed.
Did you have to modify the shrouds or the Baja light housing to make things fit or?

Old 10-05-2005, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider

Be carefull when installing the alba shrouds. The stock bolts are too short, but when you get longer ones make sure they do not come close to the radiator. If they are even a little too long they will puncture it. Mine were maybe 1 thread longer than the threaded tabs and they wore a hole through my radiator. Bend the tabs out a little, I even ground the threaded tabs down to about half their original size so I could see how close to my new radiator they came. My new PWR radiator looks sweet but I would have rather spent some extra time on the original shroud install and not have dropped the $350 on a new radiator. Good luck.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FatHolly
Be carefull when installing the alba shrouds. The stock bolts are too short, but when you get longer ones make sure they do not come close to the radiator. If they are even a little too long they will puncture it. Mine were maybe 1 thread longer than the threaded tabs and they wore a hole through my radiator. Bend the tabs out a little, I even ground the threaded tabs down to about half their original size so I could see how close to my new radiator they came. My new PWR radiator looks sweet but I would have rather spent some extra time on the original shroud install and not have dropped the $350 on a new radiator. Good luck.

What are the differences in the stock radiator & the new PWR? (size, core, finish & etc.....)

Old 10-05-2005, 03:36 PM
Pro Rider

PWR is thicker, and has more cores. It is supposed to provide like 20% better cooling... we will see. I have not taken my bike out yet with the new radiator, but between that and the shrouds I am hoping to keep my fan from kicking on. The finish is polished, very cool looking.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the info fatholly.

Quick Reply: radiator shrouds for ds 650