CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days 05- September 2-5th Sand Mountain Nevada

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DS Days 05- September 2-5th Sand Mountain Nevada

The twins and I will be there.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 650VIPER
Well we'll be there with a group of us Utah boys, probably 6 Ds's coming that way. Maybe next year we can plan this somewhere else, this will be the last year for most of us if not, so lets tear it up! A 290lb ds, hmm I am gonna want to see that, hope it can run with a stock bore, and a little nos! lol let it begin!
Our little group is off to St. A's this year but, next year we are looking at Sand Mt., Utah.

We like the second week in July. . . Probably July 9-15 of 2006??? Need to check the weather to see if it isn't going to be too hot that time of year but, I can see us heading that way then.

Don't know if this could fit into other peoples schedules or not.

If not, you may be better-off organizing it as a July 1st (Saturday)-4th (Tuesday) gathering.

Tough thing seems to be getting some of the California group to make the trip. There are a lot of them that don't like to drive that far to check out other places.

I'ld suggest a regular 4th of July event that alternates between Sand Mt. Utah and St. A's. That way the Oregon guys can make the drive to St. A's (shorter than Utah I think.)

Old 06-22-2005, 02:44 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Duneme I agree, most of us would just like to see the other places. Sand Mt Neveda has a good race hill, but thats it. Most of us would drive the extra bit to go to pismo, or glamis, Florence, or anywhere different. I will be making a trip up to the Oregon Dunes in the spring, hope some can make it. When is your trip to St Anns? I think we could put together a good group for some fun times.

Old 06-22-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Are you saying Pismo has better dune ridding than Sand Mt. ?

Old 06-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I get where Viper is going. . . just check out the different places.

We went to Oregon last summer. . . going to St. A's July 9-16 this year and would like to go to Sand Mt. Utah next year.

Pismo isn't good riding but, great place to kick back. Weather in the summer is a great break from the hot summer heat.

Glamis is Awesome in the winter but, too hot this time of year.

Oregon was a great summer destination last year but, I like more the big hills and the wide open areas of the desert kind of riding. I'm sure we'll go back again, probably after Utah.

I got this trailer and this nice diesel to tow it with so I figure I might as well check out some other riding areas.

DS Days will be at Sand Mt., NV on Labor Day Weekend the same way there will always be an event at Glamis over MLK Weekend and Oregon will always have DuneFest. . . doesn't mean we can't get together at other locations throughout other times of the year.

Old 06-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider

I made a batch of apple pie for memorial day at St anthony's and it also was gone before the weekend was over.

Hey Duneme we might just have to make the trip up to St Anthony's and meet you guys over the weekend. I would probably come up on thrusday the 14 and stay till sunday.

I would be more than happy to make a few batches of Apple Pie for DS days it sure is a good party starter.......

Old 06-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider
You can take all the "shootouts" and put them in one bucket and you won't have beans.

I'll be there.

Old 06-22-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

I'm trying to plan a St. Anthony trip in september sometime and since i am living in Reno now i am a few hours closer which makes it not quite so long of drive, but thats what we bought our motorhome and sold the weekend warrior for, can stop and sleep anywhere [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Sand Mountain Nevada doesnt compare to pismo, pismo is tiny and has no hills.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:04 PM
Trailblazer

Count me in!! Last year was so fun you'd have a hard time keeping me away.You're all invited to the trailer for a little BBQ and Beverage.Might want to bring a flashlight for the trip back to your camp.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-22-2005, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He!! ya Cape, I think you can count most of us in. Duneme good point, maybe next year if some boys are planning a trip this way we might get some guys from the midwest to join in the fun also. Sounds like you might have some company on your trip to Idaho, is it your first trip there?

How can we get some more midwest boys out to Ds Days this year? I think if we do some planning, and some would drive to Utah, we could all pull down together, heck I have a couple trailers we can throw alot of bikes on and ship them out, come on boys who's in? If we do 75 its about seven hours from my house, so if you think you can make it, you can camp out here the night before and head out first thing.

Quick Reply: DS Days 05- September 2-5th Sand Mountain Nevada