CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Another H.P. Research Phenomenon........!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another H.P. Research Phenomenon........!

I AM going to Kentucky in a couple weeks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Got more goodies going on the bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The waiting.......... is.......... killing me............ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Big bore, here I come [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Race head isa coming too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] And oh yeah, can you say Ugly Stick? I'll be posting numbers when I get back.

Old 06-26-2005, 12:42 AM
Pro Rider

hey tim! whaz up! ready for sand fest?? hey what did your bike dyno at little sahara??

Old 06-26-2005, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

Hey Shmee! Probably won't be going Sandfest, next time I can get to LS is going to be Labor Day (Sandfest isn't over Labor Day, is it?).

I think at the dyno at little sahara I was right at 50HP (49 point something or other), but I had the wrong power jet in the Lectron. I never changed it when I put the cams & piston in.

I was going to wait until Christmas to do any more upgrades, then decided I would do the 730 now and get the race head at Christmas to split up the cost. But as we all know this addiction to HP prevents our common sense from working, and I said screw it, I'm doing it all now!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I'm always looking for new places to rides, so we just happen, totally by chance[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img], decided to go to Turkey Bay (I think thats what it's called) in Kentucky. And guess what, it's only about an hour from Randalls place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] So we'll see what happens.

Later

Tim

Old 06-26-2005, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] thats the poops! hope everything goes well at erics! sounds awesome!
you bike is actually a 58-60hp bike on erics dyno right?
so it is impressive!
so that dyno is showing around 5% less than erics, becouse you would of gained a horse or two with right jetting.
thanks tim thats all i wanted to know!
hope to see and ride with ya again!!!!
oh, mine dynoed there at 52hp.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer

Hey, I was impressed with the top end of your bike and was curious, what gearing and tires were you running? What other "lightweight" stuff have you done?

Old 06-26-2005, 05:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: H
Good thing we don't race dynos, cause nobody'd beat the HPR bikes.
Boys as we have said before.....the dyno is a tuning tool!!!!!!!!! Dont knock thos dyno #s till ya can post sum track #s even in the neck of the woods of erics motors. As far as I know nobody is beating HPR bikes on the dyno OR the track he he he [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] he he he

Old 06-26-2005, 08:59 AM
Pro Rider

Well said Sandbomber

Old 06-26-2005, 10:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sandbomber
Originally posted by: H
Good thing we don't race dynos, cause nobody'd beat the HPR bikes.
Boys as we have said before.....the dyno is a tuning tool!!!!!!!!! Dont knock thos dyno #s till ya can post sum track #s even in the neck of the woods of erics motors. As far as I know nobody is beating HPR bikes on the dyno OR the track he he he [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] he he he

Yeah, well said Bomber. Its kinda funny that I dont see any of these naysayers posting any numbers of any kind. The next numbers I will be posting will be track numbers that this little ole bolt-on bike will be laying down....and yeah, I will be at Sandfest for all of those that cant wait to see the Spiderbike run in person.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-26-2005, 11:16 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: LuvTheBomb
Hey, I was impressed with the top end of your bike and was curious, what gearing and tires were you running? What other "lightweight" stuff have you done?
gearing was 15-40 and 22" haulers and nothing was lightweight all stk stuff even swingarm, all that has changed now.

Old 06-26-2005, 11:22 AM
eRo
Range Rover

hey guys, what's even more impressive is what H claims "The most gains I've seen around here a guy went from 38 hp with a modded end cap to 51 with a ported intake, woods cdi, tm45, and a full woods pipe. on gas". that's about 34% increase over stock without a drag pipe. Mr. Hp setup is about 29% increase over stock with a drag pipe.

Quick Reply: Another H.P. Research Phenomenon........!