CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Just back from St. A's Idaho!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2005, 02:30 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just back from St. A's Idaho!

Had a heck of a fun time, as always!
Logged over 400 miles of saddle time rolling in the HUGE MONSTER BOWLS of Saint Anthony Idaho in a total of 5 days!

This place is Bowl heaven - they are endless - you can't count them all! And we hit them all many many times in high gear wide open for hours on end.

Big fun trying to see who was the fastest coming out of Devils Dune and Dead Horse wide open in 5th, talk about a G-Force at the bottom! I think I qualify for a Shuttle ride at Cape Canvaral now!! Wide open in 5th high reving at 9,200rpm I was breaking 70mph with my seriously low gearing, but KGB broke the sound barrier with 87mph on his 500R with taller gearing!

And how about those huge monster dunes on the other side of Devil's razor?!?! Boy that's a blast, running along that razor and crossing over the other side, ripping on down through that roller coaster ride, up and down, in and out, over and over again!

Drags up Choke and Thunder/Crapo always a blast. I spent a little bitty bit of time the first day fine tweeking the jetting, showed up wearing a 157.5 but the 162.5 ended up being the best tuning with the best pull and I got the opportunity to show quite a few other bikes just how important tuning and set-up really is. Its pretty satisfying beating bigger bores than your own! I shared and shared and helped all I could, and by the time I left a few other bikes that I was previously smoking were running much closer, if not neck and neck, with me!!

But racing aint why I go West - I go for the dune riding and there is plenty of it to be had!! And I go for the great fellowship I always have with the Utah Boys and their friends and families, and all the new people I met from the 'Pound and DuenReview and elsewhere!! Ya'll know who you are!!

United We Sand!!

Old 06-25-2005, 03:03 AM
Quad Patrol

Sounds like you had a great time[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Hope someday to make it there to experience it also[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2005, 03:18 AM
Pro Rider

HEy Hightower glad too see you made it home safely!

It was nice meeting ya, you are a funny man! Wish could have made a ride with ya but some of us have to work!!

Hope to see ya out this way again!

Old 06-25-2005, 04:27 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Thanks Predatorkickass, likewise!
I understand about the work, we have to plan this a whole year in advance to get it to work for us each year and we can only do it once a year, have for 3 years in a row now, and there WILL be many more!!

And tell me - isn't it awesome having one of the nation's largest dunes named after you?
(For all you guys who may not know what I am refering to - Crapo's Hill, aka Thunder Mt.)

Old 06-25-2005, 09:59 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hightower, I'm glad you had fun and got home safely. I wish I could have made it up there to meet you guys, maybe next time.

Old 06-25-2005, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

Hightower, glad to hear you had a safe trip, St. A's IS the dunners Mecca, I can't ever get enough, hope to catch you guys on the next one.

Old 06-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Pro Rider

QUOTE" And tell me - isn't it awesome having one of the nation's largest dunes named after you?
(For all you guys who may not know what I am refering to - Crapo's Hill, aka Thunder Mt.) "

It does have it's advantages!!LOL

Old 06-26-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

I just got back from S.A. also was there from 15th-18th.Awesome bowls!Like a giant rollercoaster.Being from WI and never duning before it was very Humbling and exciting.Im hooked.Before that we were at Little Sahara Utah.Sand Mountain was huge and probably most abuse I have ever put on my quad motor.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Can't wait!

We will be there sometime on the 9th or 10th of July and there until Friday.

This will be my first trip there. . . can't wait!

Old 06-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Pro Rider

Was told the big group of DS's were you guys.Notice all the Dales there?Wish I would have stopped by to say hi.Here is a link to some pics I took at both Sandmountain and S.A.

Dune pics

Quick Reply: Just back from St. A's Idaho!