CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

HMF vs Alba slip-on

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 05:42 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HMF vs Alba slip-on

which pipe gains the most HP.which is best?

Old 07-06-2005, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

From what I have heard the ALBA is garbage on the DS and a total waste of money. The HMF is good but not great. I would say check out the MR HP endcap. best bang for the buck. Or so Im told

Old 07-06-2005, 09:12 PM
Pro Rider

Get the Mr HP endcap and gain horse power and save money.... Alba makes some nice stuff, but there pipe must have been a after thought.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:30 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I bought the HMF slip on for $220.00 with shipping from HMFengineering.com Not to sure about alba or Billet end caps but hmf puts out 5 horse power increase on low end and 7 in top end. I thought it was worth it i have pics and vids of the pipe if wanna see them.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RickyD650
Well, I bought the HMF slip on for $220.00 with shipping from HMFengineering.com Not to sure about alba or Billet end caps but hmf puts out 5 horse power increase on low end and 7 in top end. I thought it was worth it i have pics and vids of the pipe if wanna see them.
5 to 7 HP seems rather extreme for nothing more then a slip-on pipe. I could be wrong and hopefully I am because I also use the HMF but from what I've read on this forum you would be really hard pressed to get those kinds of improvements by just adding a HMF slip-on.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RickyD650

Ricky,

Thanks for your post. I'd like to ask you some more info about those numbers. Did those numbers come from HMF or where? Im not trying to start anything at all. I'd just like to drill down to the source and how the gains were aquired. Was it a comparison STOCK for STOCK? If so, was there any other mods that were done to the HMF test that might have increased some HP? I've found that some of the manufacturers also apply a higher flow air filter when making HP gains. Thats not always a bad thing, but its good to know what was actually done. Thanks

SCOUNDREL

It does seem high to me for a slip on. But I'd like to know where the numbers came from and more of the specifics. End caps are great, but more and more folks are getting ticketed for DB levels with those.

Old 07-10-2005, 04:30 PM
Trailblazer

im not sure if they are correct but look on the graph on this page it says 5hp bottom increase, 7 topend increase http://www.hmfengineering.com/ds650.html sry if the info is incorrect

Old 07-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

I don't know what the numbers are, but I have owned both pipes. I can without a doubt say that the HMF pipe will flat spank the ALBA pipe. I love Alba products, but the Ds pipe is pure ****. I bought the HMF pipe and could not be happier. It sounds tought, but not to loud. It definetely has some nice gains to it, and it is built solid. Buy whatever you want, but you won't go wrong with the HMF.

Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Trailblazer

hey ricky, I was woundering if you could show me a vid where i could hear ur ds go. I want to know what the hmf sounds like, i am buying one

Old 07-11-2005, 08:32 AM
Pro Rider

Peltter.....just imagine that your ds has a big metal garbage can for an exhaust canister...Thats what they sound like.....I have one on my bike.....

Quick Reply: HMF vs Alba slip-on