CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hate to say it but my wife hates her DS......

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 10:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hate to say it but my wife hates her DS......

Hey scatterbrain, No probs. with the turbo at all. She runs awsome.. Kelly at KMS is the best!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: atvsnatcher
try her on a v-force .... add suspention and a few motor mods and there very fast .... my v-force out runs my baja x, even on top end !!!!
To heavy.........

Old 07-08-2005, 02:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

That sounds like a rare vforce to me. Glad to hear you got a good one though!

Old 07-08-2005, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Prozack
Same thing with my wife ... I might be selling both quads and building a long travel 2 seater here in the next few months. If they wont ride em then whay have em.

Besides , a friend of mine told me ..with age comes the cage!!! how true..
I always thought that the cage meant jail time [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-08-2005, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

I can't speak for your wife, but I think the DS is just too much quad for most... maybe over kill. I think the yfz would be an even worse choice, if you ridden one I think you would agree. Even with their suspension softened up its still hard as a rock. And its power band sucks, almost 2 stroke like. Don't get me wrong the yfz is a great racing quad, just not for a "wife's quad." I think the v-force and the raptor may also be more quad then they need.

My suggestion is the Z400. Its a great all around quad. Comfy seat, light weight, good over all geometry and has a very smooth powerband. I actually borrowed my dads Z when I was out at Dumont and I rode the **** of it, lets just say some guys on a DS and 450r were struggling to keep up (and for the record I am not a little guy either!).

Old 07-08-2005, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: donal
Originally posted by: atvsnatchertry her on a v-force .... add suspention and a few motor mods and there very fast .... my v-force out runs my baja x, even on top end !!!!
To heavy.........
Sounds to me like you picked the quad for her and are still trying to do so. Are you sure you really understand what she's saying. They don't always say what they mean. You might have to read between the lines on this one. You say the V is too heavy, for who? Is she gonna be doing doubles on the track? Is she gonna be flying across the dunes at mock1? She may just not like riding at all, or shifting, or having that much power.

Old 07-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

atvsnatcher,

I've ridden a V-Force a few times and I was amazed how light they felt. Personally, I do like a manual tranny, but I know some folks that have thier V-Force pretty pimped out and running good.

Old 07-08-2005, 01:22 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: donal
When asking her what she did not like about the DS , she said it feels way to top heavy and the over all mass of the quad is another turnoff for her.
I've owned two V-Forces, and if the height and overall mass of the DS is what she doesn't like, then the V-Force is not going to be any better. Tell me how a quad that weighs 50 lbs more than a Viper DS is going to feel like it has less mass. It will still feel too big for her, because it is too big for her.

I still say it would be a lot easier to make the suspension on a YFZ plusher than it would be to shrink the size of a DS. The Z400 idea is good as well, or even a Honduh 400EX. Let her decide, ... my wife chose a Kodiak 450 of all things. I hate that slow boat to china, but she couldn't be happier. As long as she's happy, I'm happy. Good luck.

DV

Old 07-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

I felt the same the first time i rode my DS, bought it without ever sitting on one. the size and hight came as a shock compared to the race ready 250r i had before.

Set up the suspension so there is a lot of sag this will take the ride hight down and there is still plenty travel left, and maybe take the rear compression damping up one click, and get her to ride it a bit more, she may grow to love it as i did mine.
Everything else i ride feels like a kids quad now, even if they are just as fast.

also have you put 22" tires on the back ? if you have this might have made it feel really nervous.

Old 07-08-2005, 02:01 PM
Pro Rider

Im going to agree with these guys the Z400 is a blast to ride. My buddy bob has one maybe I can get him to let her
take it for a spin. He lives out in Bonanza just over the hill from you. Its piped with a dial-a-jet and pretty quick and light
And there's lots of aftermarket parts for them, cause I know You wont be able to leave it alone [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Hate to say it but my wife hates her DS......