CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

FINALLY! The pics from the Dunes trip!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FINALLY! The pics from the Dunes trip!

Hey larry and dave are you planning a trip back up there? I want to go so let me know maybe we can get something in the works for the end of year or next year? let me know what you think..

When are you guys riding again,..

Old 07-20-2005, 05:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I'll try to get some St. Anthony Helmet Cam Video up in the next few days. Was out there last week. Very nice vacation.

Old 07-20-2005, 06:39 PM
Pro Rider

im interested to see how your helmet cam vids turn out and what equipment you are using. Everybody in my group loves the idea of a helmet cam, but nobody wants to spend the big bucks on a really nice setup.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

These Oregon Video's from Last Year are all from my Helmet cam!

I have a Sony Tape type camera that acts like a VCR and records the video from the helmet cam.

The Sony can convert the video to an .mpeg. . . these are all converted .mpeg's

I record the actual video to my Panasonic DVD Recorder with Internal HD. . . From there I can cut down the segments and then burn it to a DVD.

The first thing I want to do is get the video to the Recorder HD and burn it to a DVD. . . that way if I mess something up I have a backup. I'll then make some .mpeg's of some of the rides or portions of rides.

I'll let you know when I get them done. I'll probably have my buddy with the All About Sand site host the video's.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

wow, ive never seen those before, but just watched most of them (will finish them now [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] )

That looks pretty good, what helmet cam is that?

also, what pipe do you have? I know its muffled through the bag (assuming the mic pickup is just the one on the cam in a bag?)

but it sounds really deep and beefy. I have the hmf and mine sounds pretty close to that with the quiet core in, but the QC prevents me from having 100% of my power on tap.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:38 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 1BADRAPTOR
Hey larry and dave are you planning a trip back up there? I want to go so let me know maybe we can get something in the works for the end of year or next year? let me know what you think..

When are you guys riding again,..
Sup Sam. Larry is set to go to Pismo the weekend of the 13th of Aug. Not sure if I'll be there or not. As for St Anthonys I couldn't say exactly when I'll be able to go back there.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

do you guys like st.A's or Little S better? I think the general consensus of our group (and def me) is that little sahara is more fun.

There is some steeper stuff at st.A's but I just like having dunes all around me and somthing about little sahara makes me have a lot more fun cruising there, especially on the backside of the mountain.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry ROOST...
PM me if you can make it Sam.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Since yer asking. I'll take St Anthonys over any dunes I've ever ridden. I like the big roller coaster ride those dunes can provide. Little Sahara is cool and I haven't spent a lot of time behind Sand Mountain but I have rode there before.

Old 07-20-2005, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

no big deal eagle.

It seems most people I talk to prefer st.A's.. I think we will have to go again and ride more areas of the place instead of just heading to choke and heading back (did that 3 times, couple of the yfz's were running out of gas).

Quick Reply: FINALLY! The pics from the Dunes trip!