CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Best Exhaust for the DS .... Perioud. Once and for all....

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 11:52 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Exhaust for the DS .... Perioud. Once and for all....

Hi folks,
Just curious if any of you have an opnion as to what is considdered to be the "Best all Around Exhaust system" for the DS.
I have read article after article and all there bragging "Puffery" about there products.
Lots of guys run the "HMF" but I need a complete system so its 5 bills either way.
I hear the Big Gun is a good pipe but I am really leanign toward the Ron Woods Pipe no bragging just the facts.
I have no spark arrestor requirements or sound db issues to deal with so I am looking for a full pipe but not the Drag pipe.
Let me know if you have time.

Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

I have the ron woods and it bolted up no problem and it sounds good looks good and had a deffinant seat of the pants increase in horse power.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Ron Wood, Big Gun, CT take the one you like the looks of

Old 07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
Pro Rider

Since you have no spark arrester or noise limit go with the Mr. HP Billet cap. Out pulls most pipes, looks cool, and you will have alot of money left over for other for other goodies. Check these guys out

http://www.hpresearch.net/

Old 07-21-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have the CT and really like it but from what I have heard the new HPR top gun is going to be the pipe to be looking at.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:25 PM
Trailblazer

Here we go again! the ron woods out performs all the pipes.

Old 07-21-2005, 01:27 PM
Pro Rider

Open end caps are good for low end torque but will top out early compared to a full Ron Wood (or other full systems mentioned).

650VIPER has my old Ron Wood Racing exhaut. He's selling it because it too loud for him - Its nikel plated - very nice! You should PM him if you are interested.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:04 PM
Range Rover

I still say that you should try one of those new Alba slip-ons with your stock headers and let us know how it works. If you don't like it, just turn around and sell it on ebay.

Old 07-21-2005, 04:37 PM
Pro Rider

Big Gun has just received new product from a new supplier. Suppose to have better bends and overall better quality. A stainless or ceramic coated pipe will give longer service.
Their has never been an official exhaust tests done to show who has the best full or slip-on pipe. I have never ran a full system. Of the slip-ons I have used old and new versions of the HMF. For a stock or slightly modded the HMF has been the major choice on this forum.
My son has been running the new Jardine slip-on and it has more top end than the HMF.
I asked Jardine to show me their dyno run and they could not find it. I hope to compare the end cap, HMF and Jardine in the next few months.
If you are a dune rider than a full is fine, for trails the slipons rule. Noise is becoming a national issue and very soon all states will have some regulation.

Old 07-21-2005, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider

the boys down at richards recreation are working with dg and waiting for the first production run, thats the last I heard, 222 said they are suppose to be the cats a$$

Quick Reply: Best Exhaust for the DS .... Perioud. Once and for all....