CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

kill switch

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:29 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kill switch

Im thinking about racing in a race at a fair today but in the rules it said that all atvs must have a kill switch, would the stock kill switch be ok or does it have to be a kill switch that goes around your wrist?

Old 07-24-2005, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default kill switch

Most races require one that attaches to the rider so that when the rider is thrown the quad is ignition is cut - it saves the quad from lunging into spectators. So, the stock kill switch wouldnt work in most cases.

Old 07-24-2005, 05:50 PM
Pro Rider
Default kill switch

We have to run a tethered kill switch the start of this season. Just make sure you tape the connection with electrical tape so as to avoid an unwanted shut-down.

Old 07-25-2005, 02:04 AM
Trailblazer
Default kill switch

Well i just got in from it and they didnt say anything about it. They started out running classes C and D together and there were 13 quads total. so then they decided instead of running one huge heat they would divide it into 2 heats. Then the top 4 out of each heat would advance to a class C final and the rest would advance to a Class D final. Well in my heat i got 5th place the first time so I had to go to the class D final (which was fine with me since it was my first motox). Then in the class D final i got 2nd place and a tophey so im happy. It was more like a mini - motox, there was one pretty good size double that only people in classes C and D would attempt along with dirtbikes and then another good size tabletop. I managed to clear them both but i cased the double pretty good during pratice. Threw me up ontop of the seat pretty much to where i could basically stand up on it. In the Class D final the quad that won was a 250R and then there was a Z400 and yamaha 450 behind me. The boy on the 450 seamed to have alot of problems with his battery. But im guessing it was his first quad that his mom and dad bought him since hes a sophmore at my school and couldnt do anything but ride wheelies down the pit area. Well thats about it, i was the only DS there which 1/2 the people there didnt seam to of ever seen one before. sorry for the rant im just excited about getting 2nd in my first race like that.

Old 07-25-2005, 08:40 AM
Pro Rider
Default kill switch

Congrats on your placing in the race![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default kill switch

congrats!

get the tether kill for the future, the bigger events have a Tech Inspection where they check for this stuff, you must go thru and get a punch on your entry tag tied to the bars or else you aren't allowed on the starting line. this is also where you get checked for scanner bar tag pacement on your helmet in GNCC events.

Old 07-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Trailblazer
Default kill switch

What all does GNCC require?

I've been havin alot of fun racing but thats the only time that i get to ride my DS. I'm thinking of just getting rid of it for now because im only 17 and paying 100.00 a month on a bike i get to ride maybe once a month since i dont have anywhere else to ride it at. If i knew i could get off work for the races i would but i dont know how often that'd be. I really enjoyed it though but i dont know if its worth it.

Old 07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default kill switch

I feel your pain on the lack of riding areas.
CONGRADULATIONS!! on the race. Thats great! Nice way to represent the DS. I have cased a few doubles myself. Looked like I was tring to clean the headlight or the bumper!
Great job on the placement.