CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BIG Disappointment - Drove the Outlander 800

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG Disappointment - Drove the Outlander 800

Ace,
How fast have you had your 800 up to? I was on a trip out by Drayton this weekend tried out the 800 in full muskeg had a blast I was sold before but totaly now. I have never had any bad problems with my Kawi but I may jump ship after riding this weekend.

Old 08-01-2005, 02:35 PM
Range Rover

I didn't buy the 800 yet, just test drove one at Sexsmith. It got up to just over 70, but did take a while to get there. Only 12 km on it, so not broken in, should get better. What power off the line though! Could not believe it. Since I'm getting older, this might just be the replacement for the Raptor, as I do a lot of mud/sand/skeg/trails type stuff. Need a machine that does it all. I'm sure it won't jump like the ol Rappy though. And I do put the machines through some heavy use. I own an oilfiled reclamation company, my quads get abused by my crew every day, so reliability is important to me. But so is power!

Hey, how the 800 do in the skeg? Did it outperform the 660s and 700s? My moneys on YES...

Old 08-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Range Rover

Hi,
I didn't buy the 800 yet, just test drove one at Sexsmith. It got up to just over 70, but did take a while to get there. Only 12 km on it, so not broken in, should get better. What power off the line though! Could not believe it. Since I'm getting older, this might just be the replacement for the Raptor, as I do a lot of mud/sand/skeg/trails type stuff. Need a machine that does it all. I'm sure it won't jump like the ol Rappy though. And I do put the machines through some heavy use. I own an oilfiled reclamation company, my quads get abused by my crew every day, so reliability is important to me. But so is power!

I can't wait to see the clutches, chips, exhaust and big bore kits coming for this beast!

Hey, how the 800 do in the skeg? Did it outperform the 660s and 700s? My moneys on YES...

Old 08-01-2005, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Just to comment on the power of the 800. TVI brought out one to dunefest this weekend. Im not much for utility quads but I watched it climb banshee hill which is long, steep and loose sand with a passenger incredibly fast. I have spent quite some time there and have never seen a utility quad make it to the top. They did however have paddles on the rear but that thing freakin hauled. I was very impressed. First year models are alway going to have gliches it wont take BRP long to iron the little stuff out. SHould be interesting to see who jumps on it first in the aftermarket parts dept.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey do you that bomb would reach 80 or better on top speed? what do you think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]:

Old 08-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not sure top speed is really an issue. Who wants to be going that fast on one anyway? I want power, manuverability, and most of all, dependability.
I have to get by my dealer and see one.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:06 PM
Pro Rider

ACE,
In mud, muskeg the Outy worked great. Only I would have liked the visco loc to come on earlier but if I learn how to use it works very well. If you give it a little gas before the mud the torque is on the front end distributing the power right away. If you start to spin just slow down and you can see the torque going to the right area. It however only had the XT tires with proper mudding tires I am sure it would behave better in the goop. Comfort was astounding the uneven trails were soaked up by the suspension. There was an instance where going down hill the running water had grooved out a depression in the side of the trail. Sort of a steep angle slide to the left. The other IRS machines slid down sideways with the wheels hitting the side of the cut bank this little falt gave the impression of wanting to flip over sideways. The solid rear axle machines worked their out of the trouble and so did the Outy. It had a firm stance on the obstacle much better than the other IRS machines but still not as good as a solid rear axle. We climbeb some very steep hills the Outy worked flawlessly. I tried a no no with an IRS machine going up hill, I stopped part way up complete stop. I took off partial throttle with no problem and then desided to give it more gas. The result was the back lifted slightly while the front dropped a bit this gave a sure footed feel. I was impressed with this alone and the side hill incident earlier I am almost totaly sold on the Outy. I am sure once the 650 Outy comes out I will sell my P700 get both the 800 and 650 this is how impressed I am.

Old 08-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hey, will you get me one too!

Old 08-02-2005, 02:34 AM
Range Rover

Why would you even want a 660 when the 800 will kick a$$! I really can't wait to get my greasy paws on one.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:39 AM
Trailblazer

Hey guys! Im new here.. so be gentle lol. I own an outtie 800 right now, its sitting in the garage. I got about 100 miles on her now and man what a machine it is. This thing will put a smile on ANYONES face for sure! whether you have been on sport quads or utility quads for your riding time this thing will impress anyone IMO. I cant say enough about it. It rips up any terrain you introduce it too! I ride in WV and we have some pretty outrageous trail around here, and this thing doesnt mind at all. It's stable and powerfull to boot. Even at high speeds this thing can really show you a good feeling about it.

Good luck to everyone on here that gets one, and to those that dont... get used to the tail light LOL! Ride safe and have fun!!!

Quick Reply: BIG Disappointment - Drove the Outlander 800