CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ups lost my efi from kms!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2005, 01:58 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ups lost my efi from kms!!!!!!

This circumstance is unfortunate, but I'm glad it was posted. Shippers should make sure that thier UPS guy or WHOEVER YOU USE, actually scans the items before they leave. Those drivers shouldn't just toss the items in the truck and wait for auto-scanning back at the UPS terminal. What if they leave the truck open (which they always do) on the next stop? There is no proof that it was picked up, and no way to proove that they screwed up.

This even happens at the UPS store where I drop off items to ship. They dont always automattically remember to scan the pre-postage paid boxes I drop off for pick up - I have to remind them - and I dont leave until they do.

On the receiving side, I use the UPS store to accept packages coming in. I get a lot - and one time they didnt do thier job. A package was dropped off, signed for, and left on the counter at the UPS store. Somebody had sticky fingers, and the package was no longer there. I went to pick it up, they didnt have it, but UPS tracking said it was signed for. The UPS store ended up writing me a check for the lost item.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:15 AM
Pro Rider

SOOOOO sorry man!! I ship UPS 8--12 packages a day with only 1 or 2 lost a year! But it SUCKS!! WHEN IT HAPPENS TO YOU!! I'm waiting for stuff from Kelly as well. I've delt with him over the last year and If it CAN be done , he'll get it done!! AND he does need time away with his family.... DON"T BLAME HIM!!! It's a UPS PROBLEM!! aLOT OF MISPLACED PACKAGES DO show up. ( fingers crossed) but maybe not in time for your trip.

Just know we all in the brother hood feel for ya Bud

Old 08-18-2005, 07:41 AM
Pro Rider

JUST GOT GOOD NEWS!!!! THE PACKAGE SHOWED UP AND WAS SCANNED IN LOUISIANA AND UPS SAYS IT SHOULD BE HERE TOMMOROW!!!! DOESN'T LEAVE ME MUCH TIME BUT BELIVE ME I GET IT DONE IF I HAVE TO STAY UP ALL NIGHT. TANKS FOR EVERYBODYS HELP. SHOWS WHAT KIND OF PEOPLE WE HAVE HERE ON ATV CONNECTION. THANKS AGAIN!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-18-2005, 08:07 AM
sam
Pro Rider

aLOT OF MISPLACED PACKAGES DO show up

excellent News Saint, cross the fingers for tomorrow. Reading this post gives a person a ulcer.
Hope all goes well W/ install and vaca.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

Very good

Old 08-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Pro Rider

Gemini Cricket !! that is fantastic news. This whole ordeal was beginning to scare me because I still have things being shipped by UPS.

The problem I see is most places don't give you a shipper option.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:36 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NICE!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 12:06 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear it!!

Old 08-18-2005, 12:28 PM
Pro Rider

Nathan,

The carb you sent via UPS! seems to be held up in HODGKINS IL.....Their web site says it is to be delivered on the 22nd but with it sitting for nearly 2 days I'm beginning to think they will revise the delivery date which is going to cut my installation and tune/adjusting time to just a couple of days.

Is the carb jetted and ready to install with just minor adjustments?

Old 08-18-2005, 01:20 PM
Pro Rider

HONESTLY I DONT REMBER WHAT I HAD IN IT FOR JETS. I THINK THE MAIN WAS A 165, THE NEEDLE WAS ON THE FIRST CLIP AND I THINK A 30 PILOT. YOU DEFFINATLY WANT TO CHECKI IT THOUGH. WHAT IS DONE TO YOUR QUAD? THE PUMP IS SET TO SQUIRT THROUGH 3/4 THROTTLE.

Quick Reply: ups lost my efi from kms!!!!!!