CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ups lost my efi from kms!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ups lost my efi from kms!!!!!!

i was told the system was sent out last week. after not recieving it yet i called kms to get a tracking number. i ran the tracking and came up with the package had not been picked up yet. called back to kms and kelly told me that it was dropped off to ups last week. ups has no recorded of it. i tore my quad down over the weekend and sold and shipped my tm 45 on monday. i am supposed to be leaving for wayne national forest on saturday with all my buddies for a vacation. now i have no carb or efi for my ds. kelly told me if he had another system he would send it out but he has no more. what am i supposed to do???????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] i cant afford to buy a carb and overnight it just for the weekend, and even if i could i am sure no one could get one ready for me and ship it by the weekend. I CANT BELIVE THIS. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 2 MONTHS FOR THESE EFI SYSTEMS TO COME IN. THEY FINALLY DID AND NO ONE KNOWS WHERE MINE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 07:30 PM
Pro Rider

I had similar problems with a carb a sent to a fellow DS rider in florida. They lost it with no trace. Some happy mail man running around with an extra carb and EFI!!!!!! Pisses a guy off.

Old 08-17-2005, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

belive me i am pissed. i can tell talking to kelly that he feels extreamly bad. but in my respect i just shelled out alot of money and have nothing to show. not to mention i have no way to get up and running fo this weekends trip. i really do not know what to do. kelly offered to let me borrow a stock carb which was really cool of him. i know hes trying to help me out. but with my mods i dont think i would ever find and get all the jetting parts and tune it in time. i think he has an older system which has to be programed but that would make me nervous not know if its mapped right. he said he could get me through it but i also live in a housing track and do not have anywhere to ride locally. so i would have to burn the ecm on my home computer, drive some where to try it drive back home and download a new map, program it then go out and try it again so on and so on. i just dont think i could make it in time and have the mapping right. F#@K UPS!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 01:20 AM
Air
Pro Rider

I feel your pain. After previous experience with UPS I only ship DHL.

Old 08-17-2005, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

somebody loan this man a carb until he gets this straightened out. I hope he had ins. on the package

Old 08-17-2005, 06:14 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Saint, I don't want to kick you while you are down but I hope you learn alittle from this and try not to make a major change to your bike right before vacation. It seems to me that just getting everything prepped for vacation is stressful enough. I hope you get it together and have a good vacation, good luck.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

Nathan,

I would send your carb back but it isn't supposed to arrive here until late Saturday..I would pull my stock carb off and overnight it to you but I doubt you would be able to get it and a cable before your trip.....Sorry.

Let me know if there is anything I might be able to help with.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: saint650
i was told the system was sent out last week. after not recieving it yet i called kms to get a tracking number. i ran the tracking and came up with the package had not been picked up yet. called back to kms and kelly told me that it was dropped off to ups last week. ups has no recorded of it. i tore my quad down over the weekend and sold and shipped my tm 45 on monday. i am supposed to be leaving for wayne national forest on saturday with all my buddies for a vacation. now i have no carb or efi for my ds. kelly told me if he had another system he would send it out but he has no more. what am i supposed to do???????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] i cant afford to buy a carb and overnight it just for the weekend, and even if i could i am sure no one could get one ready for me and ship it by the weekend. I CANT BELIVE THIS. I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR 2 MONTHS FOR THESE EFI SYSTEMS TO COME IN. THEY FINALLY DID AND NO ONE KNOWS WHERE MINE IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I would highly recommend no demand that Kelly go to UPS where he dropped it off and have them look for the box. It may very well be sitting there for some reason....Don't rollover on this. Push push, push.!!!!

Old 08-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Pro Rider

THANKS I APPRECIATE THE OFFER. I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME AND HAVE NOT HEARD BACK FROM KELLY YET TODAY. AS MUCH AS I HATE TO ADMIT DEFEAT THIS MAY BE OUT OF MY HANDS AT THIS POINT.

Old 08-17-2005, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

PUSH BACK...! Tell Kelly he needs to do everything possible to retrieve your "bought and paid for" system even if that means he needs to personally go to UPS and search for the box!!

That's what I'd do......

Quick Reply: ups lost my efi from kms!!!!!!