CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Trailblazer a good beginner quad for girlfriend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005 | 10:16 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Trailblazer a good beginner quad for girlfriend?

I found a 2003 Freedom edition with about 50 hours on it. His bottom line price is $1500 and it was ridden by his wife. Are these things reliable? It seems to fit the bill for a cheap, automatic, first quad.

-Josh

Old 08-16-2005 | 10:22 PM
Pro Rider

That's what my wife wanted too, after 30 minutes of rideing she wanted more power already. Our sons 250ex smoked it . Just my experience with them. Very reliable and easy to ride though.

Old 08-16-2005 | 10:38 PM
Air
Pro Rider

250ex or a ltz250 are far superior machines.

Old 08-16-2005 | 10:51 PM
|
Pro Rider

I don't deny that, but for $1500?

Old 08-16-2005 | 11:11 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

true, there are far superior machines if you are talking top end speed, resale value and the like. however; the trailblazer is pretty much bullet proof as far as things breaking and they are very reliable. i've had two of them in the past for the kids and the wife and for the price you're talking with the hours stated i would say you can't go wrong.
they are heavy as they have a steel running board and frame so don't be looking to catch mad air. they will jump though, and land comfortably. i will probably be the only one on this forum to tell you to buy this bike, your price is a good deal and it leaves room for you to add the ritter cycle racing (rcr) stage 1 performance kit. $325 includes s&h. everthing you need to unleash the beast inside of this machine! ha. it will make a helluva difference though and is very much worth the cost. easy to install too.
i'm assuming that it isn't for you as you've listed a ds and a cannondale so whomever it's for have them pick it uo, ride a few weeks and get comfortable with it, install the stage 1 kit, get comfortable with it, graduate to the almight ds, then off into the sunset they ride.

hope you guys don't slam me too bad for saying to pick it up, but i never had any problem with the two i had owned. sold them both to friends as first bikes and now they both followed my lead and have ds's. if he gets it atleast he'll be riding. there's always room to add to the list.

Old 08-16-2005 | 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would buy it, if it is not enough power, I'm sure you can get your money back out of it, maybe more. In 2001 I bought my wife a 250ex this is when they 1st came out, so I paid full price, until my son started riding it last year, it had maybe 5 hrs on it. Don't buy something that costs $$ unless it will be ridden.,,maybe look for a used 250ex, they are fun to wheelie on.

Old 08-17-2005 | 04:59 PM
Pro Rider
My Bomb Busa is done now and WOW what a rush this thing is scary fast. I love it

I started my wife on a Yamaha Warrior it is a great bike to start on it has electric start reverse and has desent power to get you around and they are very reliable.
Just my two cents.

Old 08-17-2005 | 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

Is your wife adventourous at all? If so she will quickly outgrow the Trailblazer. The TB is a great quad but easy to outgrow. My wife had one & we moved her up to a 400EX. At least then she could almost keep up !

Why won't someone make a lightweight auto sportquad!

Old 08-17-2005 | 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

I would suggest a 400EX for your wife. You can pick up a used one for very little money compared to a new quad. In the stock form, they are very reliable, and you can build them up to really make them go. There are plenty of aftermarket parts available too.

Old 08-17-2005 | 10:44 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Yes that is a good price. Yes it is underpowered. My wife likes her just fine. She's not going to race, so she doesn't need the speed. She's not climbing any steep hills (have to get off mine, go back and take hers up), so power isn't an issue with her. See if they'll let her ride it. If she likes it, buy it. If not check out some of the other suggestions they've given. At the worst, you could resell it for 2500 easy. Just make sure to give it a good once over for any problems.

Quick Reply: Trailblazer a good beginner quad for girlfriend?