CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

ds650 starting problem HELP

Old 08-27-2005, 11:30 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ds650 starting problem HELP

See i dont even need to say any more, if you can read and understand english i was just letting you know to relax someone will have the answer to your problem. Like i said the way you came across you sounded like a jacka$$, Im not sayingyou are one but thats the way you came across. I know your new here but theres a few things that will get you kicked out of the forums and one of them is being a jacka$$ and disrespecting the other forum members. As far as an apology dont worry about it becouse they try to keep the bomb forum close so we have the knowledge to fix our own bikes. Be careful about the a$$ licking oops i mean a$$ kicking becouse that will get you out of here quicker than being a jacka$$. I pray that you are in your mid twenties or younger becouse if your any older than that and your still going around threatening to kick peoples a$$e$ you need help. Anyway i have no hard feelings towards you i just feel sorry for you. Ok enough is enough did you check your battery to see what your output is? Hey black hawk do you or scoundral have anything going on that you may need to pass through Fresno in the next week or so. All my crap should be here head , swingarm, little something under the seat. All the beer and bbq you want, country style boneless ribs with the famous moes knows bbq sauce. I figure it would only take about 3 hours or so with a few people working on it. And the beer is so cold that when you open it it turns to slush[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2005, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

WHAHOOOO!!!!...............That's worth the trip from Oklahoma for THAT offer......2BIG2FAST,...........you da man!!! I need directions!!!

Old 08-28-2005, 04:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

The closest I'll get to Fresno is when we head up 395 to Bishop on our way to Sand Mountain. If your up for the drive you are welcome to bring your machine up there and assemble it - last year a Turbo was installed and MajorEcho did some major rebuild work (unfortunately the rebuild wasn't a success, but for other reasons.) After this weekend I only have two more weekends till I get married - so needless to say I'll be busy.

Old 08-28-2005, 12:12 PM
Range Rover

Is it fixed yet? I'm dying to know what the problem was.

Old 09-18-2005, 10:15 AM
Pro Rider

I believe the problem to be that I was using my battery charger "only" to start it. A friend and I did check the voltage output on my charger and it was spiking around 20 volts. Not good. I guess I learned a valuable lesson, this lesson cost me my tachometer LOL ohwell. I do have a brand new battery in it now so I should be good to go. The battery was $91.00 WOW. Well I hope this searves as good knowledge. RUSS

Old 09-18-2005, 10:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

...Don't tell me you bought the facotry battery? There are A LOT of people on here talking about what battery to use, and it costs much less than $91, even after shipping. I think I paid $65.00 or so after shipping for my Odyssey PC545. Next time, you'll know at least. Not that the factory battery isn't good, but the PC545 is cheaper, and is better suited to the beating a battery will take.

Old 09-19-2005, 09:07 AM
Pro Rider

Is the pc545 the same size or do you have to modify to make it fit? I looked everywhere around where I live and could not find a battery that wasn't too small or to big. A few places I checked said they weren't available through them???? Well when it takes a crap on me at least my options will be a little better next time. Thanks for the heads up. RUSS

Old 09-19-2005, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

the battery will fit right in without any modifications.

Old 09-21-2005, 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

A friend's did the same it was the rectifyer. It is located at the back under.

Old 03-06-2006, 05:52 PM
Range Rover

Rfwill, My DS is doing the exact same thing as yours. It will only stay running if I keep the starter button engaged?! What did you end up doing to solve the problem?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ds650 starting problem HELP