CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NEW VISCO LOCK System

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2005, 01:07 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW VISCO LOCK System

Well bomb owners are in for it.We went on a ride yesterday to green mountain.A 2 mile vertcial on extreme climbing and a few mud sections. My buddy just bought the new bomb with the VISCO LOCK system the 400 HO. Looks good and very light machine.
he was leading and man did he take a beating this machine will rip your arms off. that drive is like the old yahahahaha,s slip then try to grip. BAD. he got into a few climbs where the machine was flying from left to right as the one wheel would spin then the other would spin. NOT at all like they say on their write ups. One situation he got into was climbing a rock cliff almost vertical and the whole machine shoot to the right and almost off the cliff he went back and luckily caught a rock to stop him from flipping on top of him s o my buddy and i went to the top and sat on the front to keep her down.As he tried to climb one wheel would slip and the the other wheel would stop turning and then excessively spin. Not good this is crap technology he will have more trouble holding on to this one than you can imagine. It is the worse drive system ever seen for technical driving.
The 2 polaris.s walked through and over this rock face without and issue and pulled straight to the top.The drive is very concerning and i would not recommend it to anyone that climbs or does tech riding its like putting diapers on your front tires and trying to climb a mountain very sh----.
, lol. the new bomb is for flat feilds and pleasure riding with no mud or any inclines. Gl to all that bought this MARKETING scheme, what a bunch of bull And to think i was actually going to look at these 800 with that drive system you'll be hugging trees on stuck in the mud.Way to light no traction and goodbye. These could be death tickets for some guys.
gl all

Old 09-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!

NOT at all like they say on their write ups. One situation he got into was climbing a rock cliff almost vertical and the whole machine shoot to the right and almost off the cliff he went back and luckily caught a rock to stop him from flipping on top of him s o my buddy and i went to the top and sat on the front to keep her down.As he tried to climb one wheel would slip and the the other wheel would stop turning and then excessively spin. Not good this is crap technology he will have more trouble holding on to this one than you can imagine. It is the worse drive system ever seen for technical driving.
Ha ha ha ha..........aaaaaaaaaa, did it ever come to your mind that something was mechanically wrong with your buddies quad? I will admit I've never ridden an Outtie and the pump rates are different between the Outtie and Traxter. I will tell you that I have NEVER had any ONE of the problems the Outtie had; or you claim it had.
My Trackster is seamless. Once the pump locks the clutch pack up it's locked up. No switching off at all. All 4 tires get power. I have dug 4 nice holes more than once with my Traxter.

Old 09-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

actually, it is a good possability the outy wasnt broken. my buddy has an outy and that thing will whip back and forth going up hills.

Old 09-04-2005, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

hmm... thats weird, my uncles has a traxter and it works amazing, my bros gf just bought a new outtie 400 and it works great, still not as good as the traxter, seems likes ya gotta wiggle the steerin just a tiny bit to get it to lock completely in four, but once its locked it pulls like no tomorrow,we'll see in the winter if it pulls back and forth like you say it does, but i've never had a problem in the mud

Old 09-05-2005, 12:44 AM
Trailblazer

My dad had a traxter with the visco lock system and it worked great. It was like a mountain goat climbing hills. We now have a kawasaki prairie and the traxter would outclimb the praire mainly because of the weight. In turn, the prairie is better in the mud because it is lighter. I can't wait to try out the bomb 800. Like the above posts have said there may be something wrong with your buddies outlander.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:37 AM
Weekend Warrior

We have the visco locked Bombs in our ATV club,and they work great.In fact,NOTHING like what you mentioned..I would'nt let one isolated case of this be seen as a design flaw,thats for sure..I just seen TOO MANY that work TOO good to beleive all of them work this way.

Old 09-05-2005, 10:09 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
NOT at all like they say on their write ups. One situation he got into was climbing a rock cliff almost vertical and the whole machine shoot to the right and almost off the cliff he went back and luckily caught a rock to stop him from flipping on top of him s o my buddy and i went to the top and sat on the front to keep her down.As he tried to climb one wheel would slip and the the other wheel would stop turning and then excessively spin. Not good this is crap technology he will have more trouble holding on to this one than you can imagine. It is the worse drive system ever seen for technical driving.
Ha ha ha ha..........aaaaaaaaaa, did it ever come to your mind that something was mechanically wrong with your buddies quad? I will admit I've never ridden an Outtie and the pump rates are different between the Outtie and Traxter. I will tell you that I have NEVER had any ONE of the problems the Outtie had; or you claim it had. My Trackster is seamless. Once the pump locks the clutch pack up it's locked up. No switching off at all. All 4 tires get power. I have dug 4 nice holes more than once with my Traxter.
Hey i really hope that it is broken or not working right but what i saw was scary.That is why i wrote this.It wasn't locking or he doesn't know how to put it in lock? Maybe but gl all. The 800 i could curl the front end without a strain and it is way too light you need wheelie bars on that puppy on you'll be on your melon upside down LOL