CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Majorecho - Street Bike Conversion DS - Project Status???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 01:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Majorecho - Street Bike Conversion DS - Project Status???

OK, the pressure is on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] LOL.

MAybe MAjor can give me the motivation I need to get back into the troubleshooting mode. This year has been difficult to say the least.

I have been talking to a HONDA machenic in OKC about trouble shooting my quad for me, but I have to find the time to get it up to him! and ofcorse he cant give me an estimate on how much it will cost. I'm about at the point were I will give them a blank check as long as I can pick it 2 weeks later and hear it RUN!

Bigger.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter
OK, the pressure is on[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] LOL.

MAybe MAjor can give me the motivation I need to get back into the troubleshooting mode. This year has been difficult to say the least.

I have been talking to a HONDA machenic in OKC about trouble shooting my quad for me, but I have to find the time to get it up to him! and ofcorse he cant give me an estimate on how much it will cost. I'm about at the point were I will give them a blank check as long as I can pick it 2 weeks later and hear it RUN!

Bigger.
sorry to hear your problems Bigger, did the motor have the problems when you bought it? or is it part of the conversion.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

thats ok kyle, how about you and i ride double on the busa and still kick some butt[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2005, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

All I know is I cant wait to see this thing and see it run!!! Major is the most maticulous builder I have ever seen, I am sure it will be awesome!!! I know he said it will be bare matal till the season is over so he can get some riding in, then will come the pertty stuff!

Old 09-27-2005, 04:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

THANKS WAYNE,

Im thinking more and more it was a problem that came with the Engine I bought off of Ebay. As you know most of those "motor Kits' are off of wrecked bikes and are sold AS IS, although they assure you it runs perfect[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

But I am still convinced that it is %100 electrical, and it can be fixed. I just have to find the Time and Money to get it done. Its been 1 year exactly since I started this project, But most of the down time is because this year has been especially tuff with starting my wife off in her new business, and that business has taken 100% of our time and money to make it competitive. I haven't had much time to ride this year, but would really like to get it this thing done and meet up with several folks I keep promising to ride with.

bigger

PS, jeffroe I think with me on the back, they all just MIGHT have a chance,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]lol.

Old 09-27-2005, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider

Duneme,
the fabrication aspect of the project is pretty much done, I hung the wiring harness last eve and spilced all the switches in ( I'm trying to keep all the Ds hardware ie. clutch switch, brake switches, start button, run button, lighting control switches etc on the bike) but I have limited voltage thru out the harness as of last eve. I could be in for some real fun trying to find the gremlins. I'm planning on hitting the dunes on the 8th of Oct IF I can get things running( I'm right there with ya Bigger) You just don't know what kind of impact these bikes had when the went down and what might have been knocked out electrically. Although my motor only has 2k miles on it and no rash at all it is a gamble buying off of e-bay. I'll get it figured out and then I'll post some pics.
As Demon mentioned, it has a lot of bare metal - primarily sections of the frame that were replaced with chromoly and wont's see the powder coaters until I get a couple trips on it. I hope to make it to warmer climates this winter- possible Dumont or Glamis after Christmas to get some seat time on it. Hope to hook up with few of the locals to ride.
We're getting there one day at a time..... 94????? maybe KmP/H, Justin I'm hoping for around 75mph on the hills but we'll see....

Old 09-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: biggerisbetter

PS, jeffroe I think with me on the back, they all just MIGHT have a chance,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]lol.

I don't know if you guys will win or not, but I would love to see a pic of you guys riding together!

Old 09-28-2005, 01:23 AM
Pro Rider

Dont want to steal Major's thunder, but I saw it a couple weeks ago and .......[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
Those of you that know him will understand the attention to detail and thought he has put into it!
Super clean great looking build.
No pressure but we are waiting a week to go down to the Mtn. on the 8th so we can be there to see those huge AZZ tires move some sand [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Good luck getting the wiring figured out.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

tip over sensor is bad, among other things I found this eve, time to get parts on order.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

I actualy had a chance to buy one but due to fab issue's backed out but i would never even have to send someone to look at curtis's build......................... ILL TAKE IT SIGHT UNSEEN[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Majorecho - Street Bike Conversion DS - Project Status???