CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Oxygenated fuel???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oxygenated fuel???

I was talking to a dealer who was saying this stuff is just the bomb. He is selling at $50 for 5 gallons. Anyone know anything about it?

Old 09-27-2005, 02:38 PM
Pro Rider

Dragon,

Its probably VP Ultamate 4 (U4). Its the only Oxygenated fuel I am aware of. I ran it in my EX for about a year. You run it like 110 octane, even though its not. It does generate more horsepower than the regular 110 race gas, even more than the VP C12. You need to be aware that it does have alcohol in it. So, the corosive properties of alky are there too. I knew that when I started running it, I'd even run regular race gas at the end of a weekend just to get the U4 out of the carb. I still had corrosion issues with my Edelbrock. After being rebuilt twice, I decided it wasnt worth the extra 5 ponies they claim and switched to C12. You should also know that the U4 is pretty nasty smelling. That stuff permiates everything -

Old 09-27-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I am running all stock at this point, and only using 92 octane. Would I be able to run the C12 or 110octane without hurting anything? If so, are those big gains on the 92?

Old 09-27-2005, 02:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

If you are all stock stick with 92 octane (I know some say you can use lower.)

"Race Gas" doesn't mean you go faster. It is for higher compression engines and actually SLOWS down combustion (simple explanation).

Don't mess with the U4. If you have a stock bike you are someone that doesn't want to mess with all kinds of modifications. Well, the U4 will cause you to have to tear apart your carb and clean your floats, float seals, replace your float valve O-ring, etc., etc. So, if you aren't into tearing apart your carb don't do it!!!

For $50 you can probably pick up a used end-cap from someone on the forums that will give you more gains in power.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Pro Rider

If you dont have the piston for it, there is no reason to run higher octane fuels.

Old 09-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Pro Rider

Glad I asked you all first. Thanks, I will stick with the normal fuel. My next upgrade is an exhaust and filter, so 1 piece at a time. Good to know all. Marky and Duneme, Thanks

Old 09-27-2005, 03:21 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It amazes me how many people I run into that believe dumping race fuel into thier stock bike will turn it into a rocket machine.

When I tell them they will most likely end up loosing power they look at me like I am stupid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] There are defintately a lot of misconceptions out there about race fuel and when it should be used.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Pro Rider

I would rather admit my stupidity and ask you all, then pay to fix my stupid screwups [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Plus props to everyone on the forum, I appriciate that not only does everyone provide thier opinions but that they provide thier opinions with the up sides and the downs. This group is great.

Old 09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DSengineer
It amazes me how many people I run into that believe dumping race fuel into thier stock bike will turn it into a rocket machine.

When I tell them they will most likely end up loosing power they look at me like I am stupid. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] There are defintately a lot of misconceptions out there about race fuel and when it should be used.
Tell me about it man...I have some family who think just because you pour alky in the tank on a bone stock bike it will blow everybody else away...LOL! What some idiots...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] I agree, this is a very good source for info that will save you a lot of headache and money in the long run. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hate to double check the pro...but I don't believe that u4 is alchol based...I was sure it was a petrolium product

Massive jetting changes

and yes this is like pouring liquid power into the tank

I never encountered any problems with the fuel...I ran it in Raptor, 400ex crf450, and a bunch through the CRF50...and no I never drained

Quick Reply: Oxygenated fuel???