CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Chaparral Parking Lot Sale

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 03:46 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chaparral Parking Lot Sale

I got some Oxtar Size 15 Black TCX Pro boots for $165 ($297 inside the store) these are the nice ones with the booties etc. I was a little leary of them, but bought them anyway as I didn't see ANY other size 15 boots anywhere. I was also told that Oxtars are a little small, so the 15 sounded good to my size 14 feet. (They fent pretty snug so it wasn't a loose fit or anything.) The only place I found XXL gloves was at No Fear and they wanted $20 so I sprung for a pair, though I have no clue what they normally go for. I also picked up three pairs of MX Socks for $5 each.

LBZ is always fn to stop by - and they are running Stupid crazy deals on pants, jersey's etc but I can't ever bring myself to buy the Purple Velvet riding pants, no matter how cheap they are. Oh, they had a pair of lime green demin ones, but since I don't ride a Kawasaki that just wouldn't work. (They were more flourescent than normal Kawi colors though.)

I made it out of there only having spent $250 and felt like I did pretty well, it was damn hot out there though. We stopped at a place called Ono Hawaii BBQ on the way back and had some really good BBQ'ed food on the way home.

ace,

What time did you get there? We arrived around 12:30 or 1:00pm and took off somewhere in the 2:00 hour - I don't like trying to get there for the 'gate opening' anymore. I did that a couple of years - showing up at like 4:00am to stand in line for another 4 hours to rush the gates like cattle to see if I can find one of those one off deals - no thanks. The only cool thing I ever saw while waiting in that line was a dog Skateboarding. That was pretty bitchen - the dog would ride the skateboard up and down the street.

Old 10-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

We parked over at the stadium and the shuttle dropped us off around 9:00 and we were out of there by noon. It was getting warm as you said and I had to lug around the two sets of wheels and tires, a helmet, gloves , goggles, locks, chains, tiedowns, kidney belt, chest protector, and anything else I may have forgotten about. It was getting brutal at that point.
Did it seem to you that the crowd was a little smaller this year? I don't remember them doing it on Sunday in the past so that may have helped the Saturday nonsense.

I wanted those Evil Knievil pants over at LBZ but they would have been a foot too short! Does anybody actually wear that stuff?

The same place I got the helmet and DS wheels had XXL gloves for $15 or two for $25. All colors too.

Funny you mentioned Ono because as we pulled out of Sam's Club after eating pizza and 4 berry sundae's my son looks across the street and says we should have stopped there. Next time. Atleast he didn't drag me to In N Out for Animal Style 4x4's.

Glad you found some boots to fit ya.

Old 10-04-2005, 01:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

We parked on a dirt lot and I had to let the wife out of the truck before we got onto the dirt. I like getting there a little later since the parking is better (not good, but better.) It did seem to me the crowds were lighter this year, though they spead it out even more this year, which I think is good. I remember about three years ago (I think) we got there early, and about 10am we were in the chaparral 'booth' (i dunno what you call it) and there were so many people it was too tight to move. It was to the point that it really sucked. So we made our way to the walkway next to Chaparral and waited for about an hour while the place cleared out. Since then we've been going later, and aside from the heat - it is just as good of a sale. (Sometimes better if you stay till right around 3:00pm.)

You referenced the Evil Knievil pants - would those happen to be the white pants with red/blue stripes and white stars? They call that the "All Star" and I actually have one of those jerseys. I laugh every time I wear it. (I only have the jersey.)

15 / 25 bucks sounds like a pretty good price but I guess that is the fun of the sale - see what you can find.