CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I GOT SPANKED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: Doctorturbo
You know, I read this post and I will have to say a post like this would never remain civil in most other forums. There would be name calling and hard feelings. None of that has happened here. I just wonder why? Is it the age of the posters? Is it because most DS owners are "big" and therefore they are jolly? Is it that most DS owners are mello?
I just find it refreshing when I see a post like this. Can someone give me some answers?
LOL Big & jolly. That's how I refer to myself sometimes, although I'm not really that tall (6'1"-225lbs) But there might be some truth to that. When I was "in shape" still at 200lbs with no fat, I had a wicked temper. I almost thought I was possesed by a demon sometimes. Now that I've got a gut on me, I laugh everything off. I'm just jolly. No more smashing myself over the head with a 5 d-cell mag light to show someone how pissed I am (my ex, obviously couldn't hit her) or any of the other crazy $hit!!!

I'm very impressed with what I'm hearing hear about the kfx700. We rode with somebody on one, seemed to wheelie real good but it was nothing like you guys are saying. He hopped on my brother's yfz and formed an ear to ear grin, but from what I'm hearing here it sounds like a few mods will make it stomp the yfz. Is this a good conclusion or am I just misunderstanding?

Old 10-03-2005, 09:34 PM
Trailblazer
Default I GOT SPANKED!

yep, kens bike is quite fast, my motor is back in canada right now, it will be ready for halloween, the 730 kit is exactly that, 700 bored to730cc but the horspower comes from the porting, fundy powersports in canada has in vested 100's of man hours in the port design and the results are unbelievable. Mario sorry to here about your injury, I'm assuming its from that car accident last year, if there's any thing you need help with let me know be glad to help, we all definitely have get together at dumont and do some riding. We will be camped as you come in as far to the left as you can get, its actually not in the flats, its up over the first hill, or we hop to see you guys at comp hill saturday morning sometime, I will be with ken his bike is green mine is red.
Sincity

Old 10-03-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Hey Mike, thanks for the kind words!! Was glad to meet another great group of people. This sport has alot of great people involved and it sure makes it fun to get out and ride.

I hear you about your carb issues. I am having some too. The junk CV carbs on my bike are very vacuumn sensative and do not like such an open airbox design. Now when I ride over whoops its starts to stutter really bad and its hard to keep it running. Need to find an alternative carb, or if anyone has any suggestions to make the CV's more tolerant, let me know. The stock CV carbs were fine until opening up the airbox, then they started doing the same thing.

LOL, the sleeper factor. That is what we call the look on someones face after falling prey to the V. Oh, and it is two years old and yes I am fairly **** about keeping it clean. No Qtips on rides though.

It is such a tank of a quad, but it really does ride nice with the Elka's vs. the stockers, but riding behind your DS I was amamzed how easy you maneuvered through the dunes. Alot less body english for sure. Seems like a very nice ride on the DS's.

As far as Mario and I, I dont think we are quite there yet. I have watched him run the hill, and the leads he gives. That quad is sick fast!! It would be fun though just to see where I can run in comparison. Maybe this winter sometime.

You guys and our regular crew need to get together at Dumont. That would probably create the largest camp out there! Lots of good people and lots of kids to entertain each other. We are heading back out for Halloween, let me know if you guys want to get the camps together. Talk to you soon. Ken

Old 10-03-2005, 10:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Yea I've rode (and wrecked) Sincities bike befoire, it's a beast alright... I can't believe he uses a twist throttle on an auto... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I've rode MHPs bike too, and that was before his exteneded swing arm and new carbs, it would launch you back and try to rip your arms out for the whole run. At sand mountain while my mildly modded V was doing 18mph at the steepest part of the hill, MHPs bike was doing 55mph...LOL Love it!

Old 10-03-2005, 10:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Thanks for the offer Mark, I am just having a slight problem with a pinched nerve between a smashed disc in my neck from the drunk that hit us 3 months ago, I am having a procedure done thursday to hopefully help tremendously. IT WONT STOP ME FROM GOING TO DUMONT THOUGH!!..LOL Besides all that bs, No one can take anything from them bikes you and Ken have. It is very interesting to see that you guys have brought them bikes that far... They ARE definiately sleepers and I have enjoyed the heck out of watching you guys lure people into racing you..LMAO.. The looks on some of them faces are priceless. My son couldnt believe how Marks V sounded and said that It was going to smoke me when he first saw it run the hill.lol, I thought so too.

We will definiatley have to hook up a giant camp. And Ken, I see you have a pitbike... We will be bringing a few 125s out to Dumont for the kids to ride on the hard pack trails in front where MIKE camps... You guys have Mike pumped on these Vs, He will probably lose sleep at night till he get that motor off to canada.hehehe

And Ken, Every monday night they have pitbike and pocket bikes race out at the Sloan go-cart track. The pitbikes we run a motar set up. Let me know if you go out there, From kids to adults all race...

And BIG MIKE- I would have liked to see the look on your face when Ken rolled up....J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-03-2005, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Mario, I would love to run the pit bike on the track, that would be a hoot!! I really only bought the KLX for using at the Coral Pink campground and to run around the neighborhood. Now we got Steph a tricked out EZGO so I guess the KLX will have to go. Not enough room for all the toys in the garage!! LOL I think my cousin is going to take it for his son. It is mint with all the Two Bros billet and graphics. At least it looks really cool! I think big Mike needs to hop up his wifes V so he has another hot rod to ride. Never can have enough! Lets all see if we can agree on a mutual camp area, I think it would be cool to get everyone together and the kids too. The more the merrier!!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Originally posted by: onefastforce
I hear bartlet has the new style full on racing fundy motor ... it is been said to be very fast .. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]
And it ran higher hp #'s than mine.. Lucky SOB!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:24 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

The look on my face was funny I'm sure.... watching that beast destroy me was not as bad as you think..... if it were a little closer I would have had red in my eyes, but when you are that far in back there isn't much you can do. I would love to do that to my wifes bike but i really want my sand rail..... BAD! trying to save my pennies for that.

I won't be there this Halloween, but I will be out there for Thanksgiving weekend. Hope to see you all out there then. Yea, I don't think that Ken can get Mario (after watching some video today) but MAN, what a machine that was. Everything looked stock, with exception of the little silver bottle and the tractor tires on the back. SUPER CLEAN!!!!!!

Hey Ken, on that ride back I was super slow...... just so that you know, I lost my right contact and was piloting with one eye. No way to redeposit the ol' contact while in the dunes. I'm ususally the guy leading!!!! And yes, the DS is simply fantastic in the duning department. Obviously the suspension is set up for me and the ergo via the bar set up that I have is ideal for a guy my size.

We'll get together again soon. Next time I'll have plenty of bottle for ya! I hope to close the gap a little - maybe down to 6- 8 lengths. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-05-2005, 12:07 AM
Trailblazer
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Hey Doctorturbo, may be the reason this post remains civil on this forum is we are all benefactors of the plush DS ride (less brain chatter). BTW this is a great thread , WOW! $3000 TO PRODUCE UNBLIEVEABLE GAINS IN PERFORMANCE !

Old 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Well I give big props to Fundy for doing a great job at a fair price!! the 700 is twice the porting and twice the cams, and he is doing all of that for HALF the price. Someone will eventually spend the money to get the V-force chassis in drag race shape (is 330lbs possible?) would be neat to see the whole package put together.

DS guys know thier aint nothing wrong with giving other guys respect for what they ride. Its a Style thing.

Bigger.

Quick Reply: I GOT SPANKED!