CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I GOT SPANKED!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Went to Coral Pink this weekend with a bunch of family and friends. The DS represented but that's not the story. The story is that a friend of a friend had a 6 month old KFX 700. This thing looked like it came off the showroom floor.

At the line we had:

A piped and massaged Banshee
Piped and Cammed YFZ
My Pig
Z400 massaged and piped (by your's truly)
and a VForce 700

Not only did we all lose over and over, we lost by 10 - 15 lengths. This thing was SICK

NOTHING at coral could touch him.

here was the skinny. He sent his motor to a guy/company in Canada, and three months later it comes back. Costs him 2600 including shipping and he now has 90hp at the rear. On top of that, he's running a 25shot via boondocker.

NO CLUTCH work done with the exception of a spring. Stock swing arm and turning 24in Extreme Haulers.

Maybe the most impressive quad I've seen in about 3 years.

From personal experience, he'd take mario just about everytime. No offense Mario, but this thing was that impressive.

He ran it against a 14:1 Shee with a +4 swing. We watched from the top while the Vforce made mince meat out of that shee. By probably 8 lengths. 700 was on the button the entire time.

When I asked him how much he had into it... he gave the the $2600 + 600 for the Boondocker and I asked him to just KICK me in the nards while he was at it. I now have a Vforce in the line up for my wife. Might have to sell the DS and pick up another Vforce. It was hands down, one of the fastest naturally asperated quads I've seen. I've got the guys name and numbers...... guess we'll see what's in the future.

Unbelievable.

Old 10-02-2005, 10:49 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

I know how that feels. I was bone stock running agains a super shee with a rider that was maybe 100lbs soaking wet. I got my a$$ handed to me one that one.....

Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Sounds fast mike, Also sounds like sincityduner from Vegas. I have raced him before at Dumont. You have actually seen the video (if this is the same fellow). I havnt raced him with his new mods yet (he would need to gain a decent amount from before) BUT I heard he has, Sound very impressive.. I am willing to meet him at Dumont Oct 8th. Dont count me out yet homebizzle. I fired her up today and she is running nice and cool. Ill be there Saturday morning with a 200lb pilot that Ive been riding dirtbikes with for years. Should be a fun day, Let me know if you want to go out there. Is that Vforce 90 hp ALL motor? Sincity chime in if that was you handing out the MOPPINGS at Coral stink.

Old 10-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

darn. I thought the "I got spanked" subject was going to be a different kind of spankin.

Old 10-03-2005, 08:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Sounds like a fundy power sports....730. with 90 hp...

be careful, Fundy and FST are both making those 730 plus 800's, 850,s and 916, with 36's or 44's carbs

A few weeks ago, I took my Prairie 850 to the drags and beat down everything there, including
2 strokes, shee's, 450's, Rapp's, DS's. Had a 50 shot in the waiting but didn't have to use it...

They were laughing before the races, but not after...

Sincity is fast, but Chedd and Morehorsepower are the bikes to beat in the west.

There are a few 730 out there, probably Desertsportman's

Old 10-03-2005, 11:31 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

went out sunday to a buddy of mines farm (just picked the beans nice-n-smooth) and did some good old boy feild racing. he had his new kfx 700 all stock and i had my stage I ds with 22" razors. in a 300' race he would just blow me off the line and it was all i could do to get ahead him on top end, then we dropped cones around this huge feild and raced. the damned thing got such a hole shot on me that by the first cone i was eating so much dust and rocks i couldn't pass him until the long straights and even then i had work it for all i was worth. when i was at mr hp's shop they were making fun of the kfx because it did'nt make much power on the dyno (like about 28hp at the tire) but i'm here to tell ya for a bone stock machine with shaft drive and heavy duty chassis i does just fine, i dont want to race a hopped up unit with 90hp even with my hp 730[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

p.s. if bombardier ever releases there 800 ds with cvt drive, after what i just saw with the kfx do sign me up!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2005, 11:46 AM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

I'll see if it was SinCityduner. I'll give him a call in the next couple of days or so. Yea, I usually destroy the 700's on my little pig, but not this one. I do know that he just got the motor back from Canada, and I Believe that he has different carbs. the motor mode mid 80's in hp and about 7more with the new carbs (If I remember right). NOT just top end, there he pulled away at the top as well.

when we put a 175lb rider on my bike, I thought.... OK here we go. WRONG, mopped that up as well. Not by a little, but buy a lot! Couldn't even get mad, it was just so one sided all you could do was shake your head. I am now a BELIEVER IN THE THE VTWIN by Kawasaki.

My wifes 700 is good out of the whole but weak as milk toast when everyone else hits third gear. At least I know what it's capable of.

Mario, I can't get out on the 8th, but the season hasn't really started yet. I think it's going to be at least 100 out there. I know you, and you'll run till your sick. Be careful pal.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

I know that several weeks ago, Chedd was putting several lengths on a tubro DS at the hills.

and running in the low 4's in 300 ft.

if it was a fundy, it's probably was a 730, which is just an stock bore, with 36's off a cbr on it.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?
Default I GOT SPANKED!

Mike, I wont be riding my own bike, My neck is too f-d up. But I will have someone else rididng it.

Sincity had a FST 800 on nos last time I was out. I took it on all motor by some lengths. It sounds downright fast now though(it was fast before)... I cant believe their punching them things out to 900+cc. I hope to see it run at Dumont this season. I knew he would come back strong.. Heck, He might blow the doors off everybody, ya just never know. Should be fun either way.

Old 10-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default I GOT SPANKED!

All right I might catch hell for this but.....

I am just curious why your all bent on making a Duner (an ATV specifically designed for cruzeing the Dunes) and making it into a Dragster ? then getting disappointed when some one else beats you ?
I just keep hearing how its too big, heavy and wide !
I really, really REALLY like the DS for what it was designed for ... cruzeing fast in wide open spaces ! Fire roads and dunes. I mean its really a lot of bike to try and through around and drag race with.... just my 2 cents worth....

Signed ....

Guy on the side lines watching the drag races : - )

Quick Reply: I GOT SPANKED!