CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Unbelieveable!

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2005, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Unbelieveable!

Got my new yellow Outlander 800 XT last week and got 14 miles on her. I'm coming from a 2003 Sportsman 600 Twin and to start off with, CONTROL.....I feel as if I have so much more control over this bike. The clutch engagement is much sooner than the SP so it doesnt feel jumpy in the low speed woods riding I do most. Second the steering...much lighter. I think its the combination of the radials and the unsprung weight at the wheels...the GoodYear Rawhides dont help the steering effort at all on the SP....hated those freakin tires since day one! The ride, Very smooth BRP did their home work. I still have to tweak the springs to my comfort level but to start with all four corners can be adjusted great move BRP! I always thought the struts were the way to go, but always felt something lacking with no adjustment in the front not that the rears were a piece of cake to adjust, broke two of those cheap cast aluminum spring adjusters...grrr. Along with the fantastic engine breaking...one thing Polaris needs to address. A steap rocky decent never gave me that "warm fuzzy feeling". The rear always felt like it was winning the race down and wants to hop in front of you. I was extremely disappointed with the SP engine breaking. The Outy's fit and finish are on the mark...plastic on my 600 never fit right from get go.

I am verrrrry pleased with my decision to buy the 800XT and would encourage anyone considering buying a new bike to ride it. You will not be dissapointed. I drove the Grizz, BF, SP 800, and KQ and to be honest the Outy was hands down IMO the best utility atv built to date.

Old 10-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.
Default Unbelieveable!

Glad you're enjoying it samurai. I want one in a bad way but they are just too pricey right now. I want the two up capability and the auto so the old lady can enjoy a drive sometime, instead of just hanging out while the boys and I thrash the DS's.
I'm hoping some of the folks with the QuestMax650 will let go of theirs reasonably when they start pickin up their Outlanders.
I had to wait to buy myself a new 2003 DS for my retirement present, enjoyed it so much I bought a 2000 and an 01. Always in the market for another if the right deal comes along. I sat on the Outy last weekend at Chaparral and man was it comfortable. Maybe someday...

Old 10-08-2005, 12:44 AM
Pro Rider
Default Unbelieveable!

Welcome to the dark side Samurai!

I have found your comments to be dead on. This quad sets a new benchmark.

I never had a problem with modulating the EBS on my SP700EFI, but the Outlander is so incredibly controlled. Down some VERY steep declines this past weekend, I felt like the Outty was driving it's self.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:33 PM
XT
Weekend Warrior
Default Unbelieveable!

CONGRADULATIONS!