CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005 | 08:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls

The backorder is brps fault. THe dealer has tryed doing all they could to help but its nothing they can do. The OUTLANDER he rides has been bit of a trouble child. Thats actually 400cc's for some who cant count[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-11-2005 | 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Sure, that is what the DEALER tells you, try it from another dealer. Better yet, call Bomb and ask them your self.

Bombardier ATV

Their customer service is great! They will tell you if it is the dealers fault or not!

I think he has bitten off more than he can chew guys!

Old 10-12-2005 | 01:52 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
I did a little digging as I would recommend all potential buyers to do. This company has had more than their share of recalls. In fact, on the company web site, they don't even recommend riding one of their '04 models. In this day and age where R&D should have this stuff nailed BEFORE public introduction....it is really a wake up call. I'm sure these guys build a decent machine. However, with an alarming history of recalls...I will be passing these guys up in favor of the tried and true.
At least when Bombardier found out they had a problem with their brand new flagship big bore utility ATV they acknowledged it, promptly issued a recall, fixed it and didn't sell the ones on the floor until the fix was done.

Another company that shall remain nameless *cough* Suzuki*cough* found their brand new flagship big bore ATV had a critical design flaw and they denied it, then sorta acknowledged it, then issued a half assed band-aid fix, then changed their design on their new machines but continued to sell the defective machines to unsuspecting customers and still refuse replace the defective parts unless they break leaving the owner stranded and/or injured. To this day dealers are STILL trying to unload the defective old stock ATVs on unsuspecting customers.

All ATVs are going to have recalls. They have become so complex that it is almost inevitable. It is how a manufacturer deals with the issue which makes all the difference. The way Suzuki dealt with their critical design flaw is a textbook example of how not to deal with a defect.

Old 10-12-2005 | 02:02 AM
Trailblazer

I was affected by the 800 recall. All I can say about that is 4 days from announcemnet I had the new part and was riding. What does this tell me about BRP as a whole, good thing. Now the 5 year warranty i got the shaft on becuase I bought one of the top 5 800's sold in the usa, July 27 was the purchase date to be exact. Now that leaves me out in the cold because my 800 wasnt sold during the warranty offering, so I dont get the extra 2 years. This to me is a raw deal, considering that I had the exact same machine that everyone else is buying today and I cant get it unless I cough up extra cash for extended warranties. I called BRP and they said too bad you bought it out of the promotion times. I have to live with the fact that I lost 2 years of warranty because I was one of the FIRST costumers on this machine.

This is the only bad thing this far, with 612 miles logged to date. Seems like they did a GREAT job with the recall work though. others may have had a different experience with BRP but this is my story to date.

Old 10-12-2005 | 02:18 AM
Pro Rider

Not taking any sides or anything, and don't get me wrong I love my bomb.....but remember my post with refrence to the rings going bad on quite a few of the '04 model number 7995 DS's? There has been another just recently added to the list.

And I had to wait for a steering stem 2 years ago for over 3 months. And it wasn't my dealer as i was on the horn with BRP personally having words many a time.

But like I said, awsome machine otherwise, and definately true about the point of all the addons from factoy. I love my comfy tank, and thats all there is to it.

Old 10-12-2005 | 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

YEA FU$%^EN DS 650s IN 2 YEARS I 'VE HAD TO PUT FUEL IN IT AND A FEW OZs OF OIL!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!! PIECE OF CRAP!! LOL LMFAO!!

GO BOMB>

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:24 AM
|
Pro Rider

I realize every manufacturer is going to experience some hiccups...It just appears that bombardier has had MORE than their share.

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Guy's ...Lighten up. I can take a couple of good hits as well as the next guy...but...I was really adressing an issue that has already caught the public's attention...all the recalls. All I asked for was an explanation NOT a thrashing. Ouch.
Take a couple of good hits of what? Eastern Washington green bud????

At least BRP admits that there are problems with their machines, and notifies the public about them. do you know what it takes these days for an automotive manufacturer to EVEN consider a recall???? an act of god???? Go blow your **** somewhere else, cause youre stinkin up this forum...

stay off this forum, and stay in WASHINGTON!!!!! find some of your own ilk to scuttlebutt with pal!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:32 AM
Trailblazer

Learnem.You are an idiot...You sound like you belong with the guys at Polaris. Leave the pastor alone...bonehead. All the guy was doing was admiting a few things. Go back to school and get some learnen. In fact, I live in Calif. where do you live? I will give you a real good lesson...try me.

Old 10-12-2005 | 10:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I realize every manufacturer is going to experience some hiccups...It just appears that bombardier has had MORE than their share.
Again, "appears that" isn't really any kind of proof or evidence.

If I tell you that Yamaha or Honda or Suz has had more recalls wouldn't you expect me to back it up with facts.

All you have presented us with is that Bomb has recall notices on their web site and from your perspective it seems like a lot of them. Not that you've actually compared it to anything or done any investigation. It hust "appears that".

Let me help you out. . .

1. Open Mouth
2. Insert Foot

Also! (How to Eat Crow!)

Quick Reply: Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls