CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier....looks like a lot of recalls

I did a little digging as I would recommend all potential buyers to do. This company has had more than their share of recalls. In fact, on the company web site, they don't even recommend riding one of their '04 models. In this day and age where R&D should have this stuff nailed BEFORE public introduction....it is really a wake up call. I'm sure these guys build a decent machine. However, with an alarming history of recalls...I will be passing these guys up in favor of the tried and true.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Bombardier....looks like a lot of recalls

See Ya!

Oh. . . eat my dust!!!

Obviously there is a difference between a company that sees a potential issue and is pro-active about it vs. companies that know of issues and do NOTHING to support their customers who are left out in the cold! Yamaha has done NOTHING to support the owners of 2001 Raptor's and their weak transmissions. Bomb had a few DS 650's that went out without sufficient lube in the rear bearing carrier and the recalled all of them not wanting their owners to get injured.

If you want to debate quality. . . you've come to the wrong forum. Quality and durability is what Bomb is all about.

Old 10-11-2005, 12:36 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls

DuneMe...I am from Elk Grove...I now live in the heavenly and rugged mountains of eastern Washington. You can have the dunes...give me something that is truly wild!

Old 10-11-2005, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

Pastor,

You're preaching in someone elses church. What kind of reaction did you really expect? By the way, dunes RULE!

Old 10-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

Dunes only rule...if you have never tasted the odor of rubber on talus my friend. I didn't come here to upset anyone. Just noticed an alarming amoumt of product recall. I thought this is where we were supposed to go with a comment about these products. Please, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

snow FLAKE

Old 10-11-2005, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Pastor
Please, correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
I already did, and you’re welcome!

Old 10-11-2005, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
No Mercy Racing! Got NOS?

Yeah, What up with the cranks that keep breaking on my DS, along with others. Thebomb, scooby etc.. have all had this prob. BRP should know that when we put decent hp to them motors they snap on the magneto side flush with the motor. They should send us new cranks, Maybe they were faulty.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

oh, Maybe the abuse was excessive. I tried.lol

Old 10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
Pro Rider

Pastor

I have to agree with Duneme. That was a fiasco on Yamaha's part on the transmissions and have yet to step up (no need to now they have the 700). I guess since it won't cause injury they wouldn't recall them. They are one of the established and well known ATV manufacturers your praising on the subject.

The DS is possibly one the best quads built out there. Mantainece is simple, it's built like a tank, and in some areas overengineered.

Dunes rule but everyone has thier preference, so if woods is for you then stick with it.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:35 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ANNIHILATER
Yeah, What up with the cranks that keep breaking on my DS, along with others. Thebomb, scooby etc.. have all had this prob. BRP should know that when we put decent hp to them motors they snap on the magneto side flush with the motor. They should send us new cranks, Maybe they were faulty.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

oh, Maybe the abuse was excessive. I tried.lol
Nah Mario, I wouldnt call it abuse....I would call it "broke in" the RIGHT way....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Bombardier....recalls or wake up calls