CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

is there a point?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 01:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there a point?

ChiroChris,

You are way ahead of the Curve! Most guys will modify their quad to suite,and impress everyone else, and forget about thier own interests. Soon the realization cames that you have 10G's in modifications, and you are no happier than when your quad was stock. Infact you start wishing you would have stoppe'd about 9G's ago! LOL.

Its just nature I guess to want to dominate and be competitive.

DuneMe, SHowing vids like that is not helping my SICKNESS!! Excuse me while I go back to work on my DS945 conversion, LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Bigger

Old 10-13-2005, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

That is my first view of St A's, now I want to go there badddddddd!!!!!!

Old 10-13-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

While you may not need more power, you may be interested in some small mods that will smooth out the power that you currently have, and also boost you up just a little. I just had my first ride on the HPR ported intake and the power seems much smoother than stock. Better throttle response and a stronger rev. I do not ride trails, but I am imagining that a quicker rev would be benefitial for anyone who may need to get the front end up quickly, like over unexpected obsticles in the trail. Just My 2C's.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

that was what i am concidering....ported intake!

what will it do for me...i dont want to replace my cdi so would a ported intake be pointless?

duneme,

tug hill is great snowmoblie riding...try to go a few times a year..ride up with some of the boys

Old 10-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

Hi chirochris,
I hear ya man ... where does it all end ....as I just hit mine.
I do hit the Dunes and trails pretty frequently so I wanted a bit more power and the bike just felt like it had it to give.
I have done a few mods to my DS but not nearly as much as others.
For me I just wanted to retain the stock piston/head/ bore but yet have the bikt put out as much power as possiable. I guess its about efficenty for me and getting the most BANG for the buck within limits !!!.
One of my big priorities is that I don't want to crack the case till I have to and I wear some thing out. This is not my only Hobbie !!!!as I have others that are calling for my wallet to.
Next I wanted to have the bike looking a little nicer so I got some of the billet / carbon goodies... now I look as good as I run... not as fast as others but as fast as a basically stock bike will get me.
If you happy with the Bike then keep on smileing with money you still have in the bank and save that money for a trip out to the dunes so you know what all the hubub is about.
See ya...

Old 10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: chirochris
that was what i am concidering....ported intake!

what will it do for me...i dont want to replace my cdi so would a ported intake be pointless?
I upgraded to ported intake with stock carb before going to the 46HV. The ported intake definately allowed the motor to rev noticeably quicker. I didn't feel like I needed to upgrade the CDI (bump the rev limiter) until I went to the larger carb. I would recommend the ported intake even with the stock carb. You would be best off spending the $$ and letting MrHP do it. I have seen home jobs actually kill power on the dyno.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:30 PM
Pro Rider

that dune video is sick, i cant even imagine how that must be to ride...were exactly are they so i can see about a trip....anybody feel like having me for a long wkend with a friend..

as for the intake..i wouldnt even imagine anyone else but mrhp doing it, just out of respect for all he does for people and the ds

i feel like i am hitting the rev limiter fast already.. how much quicker could it be..

basically the ported intake is for throttle response and acceleration--correct? maybe this will be my final mod(yea right)

Old 10-14-2005, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

For me the ported intake really smoothed out the power that I had already. When you stab the throttle you will have less hesitation in the rev. Think of it along the lines of a 2 stroke rev. It's not that quick but heads in that direction. Under load the power is smoother but its not like you hit the limiter that much quicker. You still have to go through the RPM range. I don't mean to repeat myself but just think smooth. I say do it... but thats my OCD talking.