CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

is there a point?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is there a point?

i have an 04 x with end cap, K&n with pre, hi per reg/rec(whatever)and razr's

i ride 95% trails and nobody can keep up wiith me except the occasional "built" shee....

i want to mod but dont see the point, i wont get a cdi cause the issues except for vortex.. even if i did is there

any point to, i will probably will never see a dune..

ported intake? why? i want to mod bad but cant see why

maybe i should get another quad and mess with that,

any suggestions for the trail rider......

Old 10-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Pro Rider

Well you bought 1 of the best, thats what you get. I don't think I will do anything to mine either, I weigh 140lbs and don't need much more power than what I have now. You will find someone that will take ya soon. Try racing a hopped up pred 500 or 450r's, should be close. So is there a point? Maybe.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:44 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

I'll just say tread lightly. Once you start it never stops. Worse than Heroine. If it does what you want when you want, then save the money for gas.

Old 10-12-2005, 11:51 PM
Pro Rider

How about some Billit goodies? Aluminum grab bar? Front bumper? A pipe is still something you could use. Paint? Polish, polish, polish! The engine side covers are aluminum!?!? Chrome?.....................

Old 10-12-2005, 11:59 PM
Pro Rider

hey dabomb,

great f'ing idea didnt even think of that...custom!

plus im fat===235lbs ....i could lose 30lbs and get 3 hp's back

10lbs=1hp----i was told

how do i polish things and chrome things

Old 10-13-2005, 12:51 AM
Pro Rider

Well, it depends on what you want to polish. Polishing is done with a cotton wheel, normaly on a bench grinder with varying grits of jewlers rouge. Chroming is best left to the pros. Look for them in your local phone book. Call some local bike shops and ask them who they use for doing there chrome work.
For some easy polishing, try some stuff called NeverDull, works great, comes as a "wad" in a metal can. Use gloves and wear glasses, it can flick into your eyes. Start with some alumimum that is pretty smooth, like wheels. You won't believe how they come out! I use it all the time. Polish your nerf bars to start with, they are pretty smooth. Both your grab bar and from bumper are good candidates. Look at "My Page". Mine are polished, they need a little touch up, but you will get the idea.

Also, alot of things you can have powder coated (frame)....etc.

Old 10-13-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider

If your happy with power output, then my suggestion would be to look into upgrading the suspension, and handeling of your bike. The DS's suspension is good, but the available aftermarket suspension can be mind blowing. Suspension set up for YOU is so much better than stock. Also, a steering dampner will help you, and keep you from tiring as quickly. Address these two area's, and you could possibley walk away from those 'shee's you mentioned. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
J.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

dabomb,

i can polish my stock baja rims and make them shiney?

i am not sure exactly what the never dull will do for my rims and bumpers...etc..

you rims look real nice, is that what mine will look like

Old 10-13-2005, 12:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

GREAT TOPIC!!!!

These bikes have tons of power for the normal rider.

If you go up dunes like These (careful - long download without high-speed internet) you may want more power.

If you are trail riding on fire-roads, etc. you shouldn't need much more than stock HP.

Why spend the money on something that will impact the reliability of your bike. Additionally, if you ride trails you are probably better with a stock or at least quiet exhaust. Better to not make so much noise as people start looking to close down your riding area.

If I didn't ride the big dunes most of the time I'ld have a stock or mostly stock bike.

Heck, you probably don't get past 3rd gear very often.

BTW, were's Greenville? A few years back I rode sleds out of Tug Hill area while out there for business. Had a absolutely awesome time. I've told that Factory that I will only come in the winter when there is snow because I'm going to do it again. Upstate NY is beautiful.

Old 10-13-2005, 01:17 PM
Pro Rider
Has been here a long time!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: chirochris
i have an 04 x with end cap, K&n with pre, hi per reg/rec(whatever)and razr's

i ride 95% trails and nobody can keep up wiith me except the occasional "built" shee....

i want to mod but dont see the point, i wont get a cdi cause the issues except for vortex.. even if i did is there

any point to, i will probably will never see a dune..

ported intake? why? i want to mod bad but cant see why

maybe i should get another quad and mess with that,

any suggestions for the trail rider......
My Stage II is no faster on the trails than my Stage I. I can never get in the Stage II's power band on the trails. Get em in the dunes and the Stage I will never keep up.

You can continue to mod but I wouldn't go dumping my money into the motor. Maybe a good set of shocks would be the way to go if you want to continue modding.

Quick Reply: is there a point?