CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

OT questions....

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 09:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OT questions....

I have an annal question...... People with paddle tires...... Do you prop your quad off the ground in your garage so there is no weight on the paddles? I know with my snowmobile I always propped the track off the ground. I'm just wondering if this is what people do.

My second question is; Where does a guy need to park to ride Florence, Or. and Winchester Bay, Or? I'll be staying in Florence, Or. at a rental house, I've never been there before either. I'm looking for the best practical place to park and ride from. Thanks in advance! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2005, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default OT questions....

naw!! tune your paddles so both right and left side paddle tips touch the ground at the same time ,, store your bike with tires resting between the paddles..

Old 10-14-2005, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default OT questions....

I keep my quad on my lift in the garage. Not only is it better for the tires, its also better for the shocks. Also if I didn't put the quad on the lift then the lift would be taking up more space in the garage.

Old 10-14-2005, 02:26 AM
Pro Rider
Default OT questions....

yea!! those tires and shocks take a real beating sitting in the garage! lol lol !!!

Old 10-15-2005, 02:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default OT questions....

My quads sit on their trailer in the garage, with the paddles however they land when they stop moving. Mind you paddles wont sit but in the low spots so you'll never have the machine sitting directly on a single paddle unless you force it there. I think my paddles take more of a beating from the rocks in the sand than they will ever see from sitting in the garage collecting dust.

One of these days I hope to have a ATV stand as cool as Sandaholic's, but until then my DSs will sit on their charriot! hahahaha

These last few weeks have been sick / crazy busy with work, just non-stop.

PS: My air compressor is going to be 80 gallon!!! haahahahahaha

Old 10-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Pro Rider
Default OT questions....

Mine only sits on the paddles long enough for me to get rested up from the weekend riding, that could be another week! Seriously, I get them off as quick as I can, Sandaholic is right, they won't sit on the paddle unless you force it too. Now, my wifes sandrail, that is a different story! Those babys will flat spot in a hurry on you! They're much larger (and about 3 times as expensive) and it will sit on 3 or 4 at a time. I keep the rear on jack stands when it is going to sit idle for a while.