CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Serious question

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious question

I wanted to bring this back to the top for those who surf the net while at work [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

Are you runnin heavier clutch springs? Are you sure you have your clutch adjusted right? Does it pop out of 2nd under load or just when down shifting from 3rd to second? More info needed

Old 10-17-2005, 01:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

It's 100% stock with very low hours on it. Maybe 12 to 15 hours on it. It doesn't pop out of second when going. It won't go into second from third, it will go right into netural. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 01:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Serious question

I would wait till you got back from your trip to take it to the dealer. Its sounds like your SHifting drum is malfunctioning and that will require the cases to be split. Unless your dealer has the parts in stock,and is a close personal friend and owes you a BIG favor, you wont get your quad back for 3 weeks most likely.

sorry man.

Bigger.

Old 10-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

Now the mechanic can't get it to do it??? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-17-2005, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

Man I thought this would be the place where I would get some responce on the subject [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] Then again it looks like no one ever has problems with a tranny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] I went down to the dealer to talk to him some more about it. He told me he got off the phone with BRP and they told him if he can't get it to do it, then wait untill the customer runs into the problem again. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Then the mechanic told me to ride it around and see if I can get it to do it again. Well it did it on me, and then it did it on him..... Now I get to wait and see what they are going to do about it......

Old 10-17-2005, 07:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

From your sig, you have no problem shifting anything. I can't imagine why he couldn't get it to do it? Also from the sound of it, it is not going into N, but rather between a gear somehow.
My dealer mechanic is a good mechanic and said he learned some of what he knows while over the phone with BRP as he is working on the part. So yours should do fine with that kind of support. Having the right tools helps so much.
Somebody in here has a step-by-step with photos on replacing the shifting forks. That process requires spliting the cases. If you had the tools you could do it yourself. Oh wait I forgot you are still under warranty.
I dread the day, myself.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

It's not going between gears, it does go to netural.... The light even comes on...... It's like I'm pressing on the shifter too hard (Isn't that what it's for?) and skipping 2nd and going straight to netural...... I found out if I barley push the shifter to second from third it will find second, it's when you hit the shifter hard or "normal" to me....... The last thing I want to do while climbing a big dune is to tell myself to hit the shifter softly to go into second while in "pantic mode" [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2005, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

If it is going into neutral instead of between gears that doesn't sound as bad. Maybe you could still ride this weekend and bring it back to dealer on monday.

Old 10-17-2005, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Serious question

It looks like we just switched our vacation days to be in Florence..... We're going to wait untill Thanksgiving weekend. We will leave on Friday and stay untill Wednesday, head home that day. I hope it will be worth the wait...... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Serious question