CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

wife wants to sell quads-help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 02:05 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wife wants to sell quads-help!

Originally posted by: Oldmanracing
Quality life is the accumulation of memories
I like that line. Got to remember that one

Old 10-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

I have been hurt pretty bad from riding. Broken femur, fake hip, blown out knee, ect, ect. My wife wife has never told me to stop riding. She understands how much riding is a part of me. As far as the inlaws go. Tell them when they start paying your bills, they can have a say in the matter. Do what you love and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Life is too short to hold back.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:06 PM
Military Rider
My hobbies are NASCAR, Rockin' in the Free World, and riding my Sand Pigs at every available opportunity.

Bahaman, don't listen to them! Everyone on here is wrong, your wife and in-laws are correct. You immediately have to sell me your quads really cheap. Gotta keep them happy and it would help me out too.

Seriously, lots of good points already been made. All fun activities have risk. Hell, even activities that are no fun have risk. Life is a risk. Have her hop back on that horse and enjoy your family time together.

Old 10-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for all the input. I have her considering selling hers and keeping mine and my sons if we get fully decked out in safety gear (which we should have had from the begining). I think that the DS was to much for her to handle on the new terrain we have here in Kentucky. It was not a problem when we lived in Florida with the sand and flat ground but here it is much more difficult with ruts, rocks, and very steep hills. If I can get her to get over the fear and get back on the saddle I will probably trade her DS for a v-force or a utility quad. I think that an auto would help her to stay focused on riding and not clutching. Wish me luck and thanks again for the input!

Old 10-17-2005, 04:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

all very good points my wife rides a outlander max and with only one person on it . you are going to have to try real hard to filp forwards or backwards with the extra length. so she feels real safe. in fact only a few weeks ago she won a 8hr endurance race across fields and woodland.i drove my ds up a few trees but still did it . but those memorys will last for ever husband and wife shareing the same hobby ,best of luck

Old 10-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bahaman
My wife has come to the conclusion that we should sell all our quads because they are too dangerous. This is coming after she recently flipped hers over on top of herself taking a good shot to the chest from the handlebars. I am also getting pressure to sell from my in-laws (who live in the city and don't even know exactly what four wheelers are!) My eight year old son and I have been riding for two years now and have had some mishaps (we both have gone over the bars) but I think this comes with the teritory. I can't imagine another father son activity that would bring us as close as we have been riding together. I wanted to see if anyone can help me out in my argument to keep our quads. Thanks!
Bahaman,

The first thing I would do is enroll the whole family in an ATV safety course. Most dealers have them. Tell the kids if they dont enroll with you, then no more riding! Also, if they dont follow the rules when they ride, they get to be grounded for two hours. I used to take the neighbor kid out once in a while, and when he did obey the rules, which also included any kind of crash he got grounded for two hours. There is nothing worse than sitting in the parking lot watching other kids ride - it smartens them right up.

Also, make sure you make it a family event. This will help out the wife (so I'm told). Have lunch together and that sort of thing. Integrate riding priveleges in with good grades. If the kids get bad grades, then they cant go.

Im sure there are some other things you can do ... but hopefully those ideas can get you started.

Old 10-17-2005, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

hire a hit man....lol

Old 10-17-2005, 11:30 PM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: OregonDunePatrolAlso, make sure you make it a family event. This will help out the wife (so I'm told).
Better off leaving her at home imo.

...and never call her from the emergency room unless somebody is dead. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-18-2005, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

I bought my wife an '05 Kawasaki Prarie and she was riding at a friend's house. Something happened and she met up with 3 strands of barbed wire at about 25mph. She got cut up real good and vowed never to ride again. Eventually I got her to go and check out a sideXside. She liked the Rhino and she got it. It's even nice because if we are going on rougher trails my daughter rides with her. Now my only problem is I can't get away from her to ride by mself. She might like it, give it a shot.

Old 10-18-2005, 02:01 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: JMAC650
I have been hurt pretty bad from riding. Broken femur, fake hip, blown out knee, ect, ect. My wife wife has never told me to stop riding. She understands how much riding is a part of me. As far as the inlaws go. Tell them when they start paying your bills, they can have a say in the matter. Do what you love and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Life is too short to hold back.

Hey JMAC650 I checked out your pics and saw your femur x-ray. Funny thing is, I'm recovering from a broken left femur right at the joint. Doc put 3 screws in it and I've been gimpin for 8 weeks. How long did it take before you could start walking again?

Quick Reply: wife wants to sell quads-help!